how much would dutie fees be

bassdudeguy

• Members

If you're talking a new Ric, and if Ric's dealer agreement is like that of most other manufacturers, then a US Ric dealer won't sell you a bass because US Ric dealers are contractually obligated not to compete with their foreign counterparts. So, the duty fees will be nil, because you won't be able to buy the bass in the first place.

If the bass is used, though, you won't have any trouble-I'm just not sure what the rate of taxation is on items like that.

• Members

are there duty fees if someone brings it up to you?

No. You'd be bringing it across the border as yours, and then leaving it behind.

Duties, for items made in North America, are nothing more than GST (EDIT: And probably PST, too, depending on your province of residence. But we don't have any of that here in good ol' Alberta :D). So, that $1600 USD would have... $96 of taxes tacked on if it cleared customs before the New Year, and after I believe the GST is supposed to drop another percent, so it would only be $80 next year.

• Members

No. You'd be bringing it across the border as yours, and then leaving it behind.

Duties, for items made in North America, are nothing more than GST (EDIT: And probably PST, too, depending on your province of residence. But we don't have any of that here in good ol' Alberta
:D
). So, that $1600 USD would have... $96 of taxes tacked on if it cleared customs before the New Year, and after I believe the GST is supposed to drop another percent, so it would only be $80 next year.

thats the info that i was looking for. the next time that i go to toronto i will let you guys know since we usually fly into buffalo and drive up. it wont be anytime really soon unfortunately.

Archived