NCAA CFB Bowl Update: Texas > Arizona St.

RSBro

• Members

Talk about your all-time beatdowns! Reminded me of the Texas Tech v. UCLA game a few years back, but that was actually worse in my book, as the Bruins were ranked 4 or 5 at the time IIRC.

Why Texas couldn't have played like this ALL season is beyond me. The D manned up and had ASU in negative rushing yardage until the 4Q, the offense was in rhythm and nigh unstoppable, and just exposed a very weak Pac-10 co-champion. This is why OU or someone way better than Illinois should be playing in the Rose Bowl. I know Burdi's SoS stuff shows the 10 as being some kind of power conference, but you put 'em on the field against other top-tier schools, and you see the results. :)

However, one can only hope that Atm gets the {censored} kicked out of them by JoePa this Saturday!

• Members

I doubt that happens. I'd love to see Penn State pull it off though-rooting for The Big 10!

Mr. Matt

I donno, Atm is so schizophrenic it's hard to gauge on who's gonna show up or not.

Considering it's after the holidays, Javorsky the Hamburgler should be pushing 400 by gametime! :thu:

• Members

Yeah, but Morelli has got to be one of the worst QB's in the country, that coupled with the running back problem and four defensive players suspended for the game (1 of them is a starter). They do have decent receivers-maybe that'll keep them in the game!

MC

• Members

I'll check the score after each quarter or so. I doubt I'll be glued to the set or anything.
:)

Same with me. I got a gig so I'll glance at the TV once in a while. My drummer is a big PSU fan :freak:so I'm sure he'll keep me posted.....

Mr. Matt

• Members

I'm wondering what has happened to the Penn State recruiting machine that it once was.

my good friend's brother was recruited by penn st to play O line. when he visited PSU back in 2001 he said paterno was more or less the queen of england, just there for show. all the other coaches run the show and are not doing the job the sane joepa once did. the glory days of PSU are long gone.

• Members

um.... didnt they give the ball back to ASU?

Oh, so you're saying that NCAA refs never blow a call, huh? ;)

Actually the ruling on the field was a lateral pass and then recovered by Texas. What makes it even more ridiculous is the apparent "indisputable video evidence" the booth had they didn't show on TV w/ the coach touching the ball that overturned the initial ruling. I think it was Lokey who kicked it back in and Texas picked it back up. If the initial ruling had been a touch, then yes I'd concede that, but it was actually the opposite.

• Members

Oh, so you're saying that NCAA refs
never
blow a call, huh?
;)

im just bustin man, i didnt see the whole game but i caught that play on the highlights of espn. from the slow-mo replay it looks like he came close to touching the ball but didnt. the ball never changed course while his hand was right in back of it.

lol about the refs too buddy.

• Members

im just bustin man, i didnt see the whole game but i caught that play on the highlights of espn. from the slow-mo replay it looks like he came close to touching the ball but didnt. the ball never changed course while his hand was right in back of it.

lol about the refs too buddy.

oh for sure, it's all in good fun. now, had Texas LOST by a TD and that call was the deciding factor, there'd be hell to pay!!

Archived