i just put rosin on a bow

jonathan_matos5

• Members

for a violin:o i wish it was for an upright:(

no i didnt steal my mothers she didnt know how to do rosin a bow so i showed her.

somehow i got roped into teaching her violin until i can find her a real instructor and she can afford it. :eek:

looks like the ultimate test for me

can i teach this senile old lady to play an instrument that i dont know how to play:freak:

this is gonna take all of my patience but in the end ill probably end up learning to play too:cool:

• Members

Wow! I haven't put rosin to a bow since I was 15 - that was over 20 years ago. For me it was cello. What a beautiful instrument. I'm sure it's happy I'm not "playing" it anymore.

i alway enjoyed listening to cello and they look like the scale would be familiar.

i just might have another bad idea forming:idea:

• Members

i alway enjoyed listening to cello and they look like the scale would be familiar.

i just might have another bad idea forming:idea:

I played cello for 5 years before I started to play bass. My first bass was a unlined fretless. :p

Try a cello out. It's cool.

• Members

I played cello for 5 years before I started to play bass. My first bass was a unlined fretless.
:p

Try a cello out. It's cool.

They are indeed such a cool instrument. Such a beautiful, mello voice. I played for 6 years. Really wish I had kept up with it. Though my first bass was fretted, it didn't take me long to seek out the fretless.

• Members

Did you scratch up the surface of the rosin before you drew the bow across it? If it's a brand new cake of rosin, you gotta scratch the surface before the bow will properly "pick up" the rosin. I recommend using a house key or something like that to do the trick.

Also, the bow grip is very important to getting a good sound right off the bat--pinky curved and on top of the screw!

gosh, i sound like a #$%%$^ music teacher!

Archived