New Bass Day.

Death Hands

• Members

I've been gasing for a fiver for a longgg time, and I've been consulting a couple of forum members for guidance in cheap purchasing. :p Today, I happened upon two Peavey Foundation 5s. 250 out the door for either one. I really fell in love with both, but the vintage white won out due to being in much better condition and having marginally better strings. :p

They both sounded pretty bland through the Peavey combo I played them through, but, now, through my humble rig, Mister White sounds like a, pardon my French, {censored}ing BEAST. I'm absolutely thrilled with my purchase. :)

peaveyfoundation1.jpg

peaveyfoundation2.jpg

peaveyfoundation3.jpg

peaveyfoundation4.jpg

peaveyfoundation5.jpg

Sloppy-as-can-be clip. Don't mind my terrible playing. :)

• Members

Damn thats hot! Sounds awesome too!
:thu::cool:

You're gonna be the next boalg, how many basses have you got now... like 20 or something?
:confused::p

If he's gonna need to be the next boalg, he'll need to up the ante on the quality level of his purchases. I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with DH's Peavey, but it's not in the same league as the basses in boalg's collection.

• Members

Damn thats hot! Sounds awesome too!
:thu::cool:

You're gonna be the next boalg, how many basses have you got now... like 20 or something?
:confused::p

Yeah, that was just a dry channel with both pickups full and tone at approximately 3/4ths. I never expected it to be so mean. Thanks, man. :)

And, I wish. :p I'm at seven and they've all cost less than 500 bucks a piece. :p Not exactly bass snob and awesomeness material. :p

EDIT:

Exactly Tbroom. :) I buy what I can when I can, and I do so educatedly. Hahaha. I'd rather have what I have, because I know pretty much all of my basses. I like being able to cover lots of tonal ground, but I'm not exactly patient. Hahaha.

• Members

If he's gonna need to be the next boalg, he'll need to up the ante on the quality level of his purchases. I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with DH's Peavey, but it's not in the same league as the basses in boalg's collection.

Obviously, I'm just joking. He's no match for boalgs infamous collection of fine instruments, no offence Nate! ;):cool:

• Members

Love it!

Yeah, it's bitchin'. :) The setup is pretty much spot on, other than the fact that it's a lower-action deal(which interferes with my sloppiness, ha).

It's a USA crafted instrument for 250 dollars. The only questionable thing would be the poorly-cared-for pots. Haha.

• Members

I hate that feeling with my basses, I feel like I have to wrap them in cotton wool.

I love peaveys, they are so under appreciated :mad:

And it looks like you scored a fine example, how is the B string holding up and the string spaceing?

Anything bad to say about it yet?

• Members

I hate that feeling with my basses, I feel like I have to wrap them in cotton wool.

I love peaveys, they are so under appreciated
:mad:
And it looks like you scored a fine example, how is the B string holding up and the string spaceing?

Anything bad to say about it yet?

Hahaha, yeah, I'm a very toss and go sort of person.

I've got two peavey basses, totally unmodded so far, and I love them both to death. :)

As for Mr. White here, the B string is thunderous and nicely tense. The spacing is still a little weird, but I assume that I'll adjust. I can't really slap well with this tonal beast just yet(as you can hear in my flubbed up recording). :p

• Members

Hahaha, yeah, I'm a very toss and go sort of person.

I've got two peavey basses, totally unmodded so far, and I love them both to death.
:)

As for Mr. White here, the B string is thunderous and nicely tense. The spacing is still a little weird, but I assume that I'll adjust. I can't really slap well with this tonal beast just yet(as you can hear in my flubbed up recording).
:p

Yeah thats why I asked about the string spacing, but i'm sure you will get used to it bro :thu:

• Members

White will show less marring. It will never be really deep and shiney looking but thats a trade off. Every bass I have has been either new or like new. It sucks when you mess up nice bass(or anything).

I think it looks really nice! I gave the clipa listen, too. The bass sounds nice. BTW, can I get a tab for that?

:poke::evil:

• Members

White will show less marring. It will never be really deep and shiney looking but thats a trade off. Every bass I have has been either new or like new. It sucks when you mess up nice bass(or anything).

I think it looks really nice! I gave the clipa listen, too. The bass sounds nice. BTW, can I get a tab for that?

:poke:
:evil:

I'm not too rough on my instruments, especially at the body end. :) Most of mine just show normal wear and tear, and that's what they're here for. Haha.

I can't read tab, so why should I let you? :p

• Members

EDIT for Remus:

*Feels special*

:D

Yeah, the spacing is tighter, but it's workable.
:)
I need to clean my techniques up anyhow. Haha.

I felt the same when I went to the DJ5 but I think that peavey has got to be a little tighter, it will make you a better player I reckon :)

• Members

Oooooh, I'm really digging the maple on Mr. White...

I've never really played any basses with maple fretboards before, but this seems much quicker than rosewood, and this bass just sounds SO mean through my rig... I might have to spring as soon as I can and buy that other one. :p

Archived