smallest 5-string neck

RuptureMetal

• Members

i dont know if are the thinnest, but you are right, ibanez has that on the SR line.

The SR505 is mid priced, super light, with MIK Bartolinis PUs and preamp, a kind of flat and D shaped neck (pretty fast) with little string spacing. It cloud be a nice option

• Members

I found the MM Stingray 5 to be the most comfy fiver though I don't believe it's the slimmest. I suggest playing as many different basses as you can to find the one that fits you best rather than just getting the skinniest one you can find.

• Members

As far as narrow string spacing goes, look at Schecter Stiletto's and Hamers, both have less than 17mm spaced bridges and are very narrow. The Schecters are 35" scale and slightly thincker than a jazz, but not by much and have very narrow spacing compared to most fivers.

• Members

As far as narrow string spacing goes, look at Schecter Stiletto's and Hamers, both have less than 17mm spaced bridges and are very narrow. The Schecters are 35" scale and slightly thincker than a jazz, but not by much and have very narrow spacing compared to most fivers.

i second on the Schecters...

... i also have a Hammer 5 stringer selling for kinda cheap on a store near me... it has a really really slim neck... although it doesnt fel well in my hands...

• Members

there are some Modulus bass that have absolutely ridiculous (in a really good way, methinks) short string spacing, and the neck looks really tiny as well... some guy in here has one, i can't remember who though...

That would be ModManQ6's Quantum 6'er, which has 11mm string spacing.

That's probably a little narrower than the OP wants.;)

You can't get them built like that anymore, though, so it's a non-issue.

As for the OP, Ibanez is probably your best bet. Warwick also does some 5's with narrow spacing, but they're not cheap, and their necks are fairly thick compared to most of the Ibanez designs, so if small is what you're looking for, they might not be your thing.

• Members

Maybe try a Peavey Cirrus or Millennium 5er? I walked into the store NOT expecting to buy a Peavey, but mine is my main bass. It wouldn't part with it at all. BTW, I suggest the USA models and NOT the BXP models. The BXP models are looking better, but are NOT the same bass.

Archived