Acme Low B-2 cabs

imthemann

• Members

Amazing.

The first "small" speaker I've ever heard that is both full range and puts out the low end of an 18" speaker. The 4 ohm ones here look at an amp that CAN put out 750 watts. Andy at ACME says start at 350 watts. I like headroom but also run both a 30Hz filter and compressor/limiter(for protection).

Four of them fill and auditorium or a large stage.

See my post here:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=170532&highlight=ACME&page=17

If you use any kind of modeling gear, these are great speakers for that as they are very flat. They WILL let you hear your bass exactly as it is.

• Moderators

Amazing.

Agreed.

I have a pair. I've used them almost exclusively for the past 5 years or so. Clear, full, true sounding. Not for everyone by any stretch. In fact, probably only for a small percentage of players. I'm one of them. The only reason I have another cabinet is because the tube heads I play are in the 80-120 watt range and I needed something more efficient. The Acmes sound amazing with the tube heads at low volume, but not at stage volume. Okay, that's not fair, the pair of them sound amazing with the Ampeg. :)

My typical stage rig is my Thunderfunk and one Acme. In the rare instance I need more power, I bring both Acmes and feed them with a QSC PLX3002. 900 watts each. A pair can fill a club and with the EQ on the T-funk, I make them sound like anything I want.

IMG_9104.jpg

• Members

I was considering a single low b2 to try with my db750, my aggie cab sometimes is a little too midrange voiced for my tastes...Does anybody know if the DB would be enough to run 2 B2's? I'm thinking probably not by what people are saying aboot their thirst for power...I am mucho intrigued though.

• Members

I also think Kindness' Low B cabs sound really good, and are the deepest 210 cabs I've heard by a long shot. I also agree with him that they won't be for everyone. If you're playing loud heavy rock they might be a little too smooth and deep to really crank through a busy mix I would guess. How those little cabs can sound so big, smooth and clear is amazing, but they do, and if that sound would work for your needs I'd say get 'em.:cool:

• Moderators

I was considering a single low b2 to try with my db750, my aggie cab sometimes is a little too midrange voiced for my tastes...Does anybody know if the DB would be enough to run 2 B2's? I'm thinking probably not by what people are saying aboot their thirst for power...I am mucho intrigued though.

In my experience, it is, but I only tried it once and it was not in a band setting.

Archived