looking for information

Spiced Melange'

• Members

Hey all, im about to pull the trigger on a black epiphone les paul standard bass, the only problem is that they are now discontinued which makes finding info on them is rather difficult.

If anyone out there in forum land has owned or played one before your contribution would be greatly apreciated.

What I need is info on string spacing, pickup width, nut size and all that jazz, but any informed opinion would be great.

• Members

From the 2007 EPI Catalog.

34" Scale

1.65 Nut

Set Neck

neck wood Mahogany but may be maple the catalog states both?

Body mahogany

F/B Rosewood

picups TB Plus Humbucker

2 vol/1 tone control

As for mods possibly a pu change or add another tone control.

• Members

That's really hot, man. Have you played one, at all?

It seems like a step away from your normal pick for a bass, from what I've seen.

Not that that's bad, I'm just curious.
:)

No im really taking a chance on this one, not that its overly expensive.

I have to admit its mostly an image thing/attraction, I am looking to mod it pretty heavily=Im thinking rio grande pitbulls or EMG HB pickups plus a warwick bridge

• Members

it really looks amazing... it's sorta giving me GAS...

i played the new ones, and i tell ya - they sucked ass.... those really look amazing though... when you get it, i wanna hear about how you like it
:D

She's sexy alright. Ill make sure I post a review after ive had it for a little while.

My only real concern is how it plays.

• Members

Put two darkstars in it!
:love:

Oh definitly! I was going to say give it some black pup rings and ditch the cream colored ones, but DS's would totally rawk.:thu: edit: might actually be a problem, if the arch top interfere's with mounting the DS plate...

Also, lose those tacky looking knobs and give 'er a set of speed knobs like real Gibby basses wear. Like these:

http://www.allparts.com/store/knobs-plastic-knobs-pk-0130-023,Product.asp

• Members

Oh definitly! I was going to say give it some black pup rings and ditch the cream colored ones, but DS's would totally rawk.
:thu:
edit: might actually be a problem, if the arch top interfere's with mounting the DS plate...

Also, lose those tacky looking knobs and give 'er a set of speed knobs like real Gibby basses wear. Like these:

http://www.allparts.com/store/knobs-plastic-knobs-pk-0130-023,Product.asp

I saw a thread over at the other place where someone put a DS in a Jack Casady bass and that has an arched top. He made wooden pickup mounts and contoured them to the top. Looked pretty hot, I can't find the pic though. :(

I'll look for it again. :)

Archived