What is your dream bass?

cl0r0x70

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

...My Modulus Genesis VJ is pretty much everythang I could want in a bass, but I haven't tried alot of super high end basses...Ritter's look very interesting to me if for nothing more than that Mr. Ritter looks like he does amazing work with wood, and he seems to be incredibly passionate aboot his work, so maybe a Genesis neck on a Ritter version of a Jazz bass from outerspace made with the oldest wood we could find.:idk:

...Oh and Villex or Lane Poor's for Pickups...leaning towards Villex but I'd have to AB 'em.

• Members

I never even seen or touched one of those. I dont even know what it sounds like in a normal bass players hands......

but it would be cool to have

I saw two of them up close, well one was a Status and the other was a Warwick, the Status is in Hard Rock cafe here in Dublin. :cool: The Warwick I saw in a store in Germany recently. Both very very nice basses, not my thing tho. :)

• Members

A Sadowsky NYC 5er...not sure exactly what model & options though.

I'd like to add that if you go and spend $10K on a bass, there is something seriously wrong with you. I suppose if the situation were exactly as you described...as in $10K shows up for no reason and can only be spent on a bass, then it would be ok I guess.

• Members

I know this might sound crazy, but I am oddly GAS free.

I'll like to own a Reverend PJ with a better color, but that's about it for now.

If I were going to spend some money on a bass, it would be on a LeCompte ST SS - 4 similar to this one, but with a PJ pickup configuration.

SN44%5Cpics%5Clec-stss4-blk2-01.jpg

• Members

$10,000 budget. Ok.

Can I use part of it to take a luthier class??? If so, I'd make the following:

+ Shortscale
+ 4-string
+ Kahler tremolo
+ 3-band active preamp w/pickup for a super-nasty, sinful, hellbound, funky tone
+ MIDI onboard
+ A Fingerboard that's 2 different woods: Bass side: ebony, Treble side: zebra ebony
+ Black hardware including black fretwire
+ Body shape would be the letters "Oz" in italics
+ Headstock shaped like a dragonfly
+ Onboard camera so I can take pictures (still and video) of the women in the audience. (USB connection for loading onto a computer)
+ Pickguard that can show picture slideshows. (USB connection for loading images from a computer)

Archived