My new SX baby

KeroseneTrewthe

• Members

Man, it's been since February of '07 since I've played. I went through some tough times and got a new SX Jazz for Christmas. The wife was very nice to me this year!

Two years ago, I ordered a SX P-bass and thought the bass was just below the Mexican Fender standards. The fret ends needed filing. The pots were scratchy. The tuners werent smooth at all. So that's what I was expecting this time around. I was pleasantly surprised. The tuners were smooth and stays in tune. The neck was straight as an arrow and no sharp frets. The pots werent scratchy and the sound was really nice. Super happy! I just need to swap that white pickguard with a red tort and I'll be good for a while...well, until I rod it out with pups and pots and tuners. :D

Cant wait to jam with someone sometime soon.

Hope everyone had a nice holiday!

sjb62cvyw1.jpg

• Members

Congrats! I got one of those too! I put a black guard on mine (to match my SPJ-62 and STL50) but tort is a good choice too! I have an SJB-57C VYW on the way that I plan on putting either a tort or yellow pearl guard on.

I'm glad to see that SX bass quality has improved over the years. :thu: This was my first non-bound SX bass neck, so I've never seen the protruding frets. And the tuners on the SJB-75 4+1's are even better than on the SJB-62! :cool:

• Members

I know the feelin', I brought one (SX SBJ 75 C Lefty) a few months ago, I was not sure what I was going to get, but to my surprise the quality of the bass blew me away! I modded it out the same day, not that it really it, but that is what I do! I just got the Douglas StingRay copy in Silver, it arrived with surprising quality, I will install an Audere Preamp in it and call it a day. From fit to the finish they are the bang for the buck!

• Members

Man, it's been since February of '07 since I've played. I went through some tough times and got a new SX Jazz for Christmas. The wife was very nice to me this year!

Two years ago, I ordered a SX P-bass and thought the bass was just below the Mexican Fender standards. The fret ends needed filing. The pots were scratchy. The tuners werent smooth at all. So that's what I was expecting this time around. I was pleasantly surprised. The tuners were smooth and stays in tune. The neck was straight as an arrow and no sharp frets. The pots werent scratchy and the sound was really nice. Super happy! I just need to swap that white pickguard with a red tort and I'll be good for a while...well, until I rod it out with pups and pots and tuners.
:D

Cant wait to jam with someone sometime soon.

Hope everyone had a nice holiday!

Congrats on the new bass. I have to admit I may have been lucky but over the last few years the family has owned 3 SX unbound Geetars, 1 bound Agile geetar and one SX bound bass, as well as 3 unbound SX basses. We have never had fret end problems. All the neck edges have been great, considering the price point. I always check out the Squire stuff at the local store when I am there and am amazed how poorly finished they are. My only major low from Rondo was a Brice bass with "dressed" frets. They looked liked they were dressed with a bench grinder and not crowned. Horrible at a higher price point.

For what they are I think the factory making these things is doing a pretty darn good job, bringing fairly high quality instruments to those who would shy away otherwise. And they are a great cheap base to build upon if you like to tinker.

Happy '08 to you and everyone else!:thu:

Archived