Kindness....

Spark

• Members

You have me planning to get up about 2-3 hours earlier than usual.
;)

The things I do for the love of bass and bassists.

Yow--I didn't know. If there's a Starbucks or something in your building it's on me.

• Members

I believe the strings and tuners that arrived in the mail today were yours? If so, I can fix her up this weekend and get it out to you early next week.

When can I ship my new bass out...wait...I mean...drive up there so we can work on it? :poke: How does March 7th or 9th work? :poke:

• Members

I believe the strings and tuners that arrived in the mail today were yours? If so, I can fix her up this weekend and get it out to you early next week.

Take your time. I'm still in the process of moving, and I'm not getting to Indianapolis till next week. Let me know what the total cost is when you finish.

• Members

Take your time. I'm still in the process of moving, and I'm not getting to Indianapolis till next week. Let me know what the total cost is when you finish.

Hit me up when you get in town, and I'll let you know when we're playing in the Indy area, or when I'll be around. Maybe we can catch a bite to eat in the mall by the Guitar Center or something?

• Moderators

When can I ship my new bass out...wait...I mean...drive up there so we can work on it? :poke: How does March 7th or 9th work? :poke:

March 7th or 9th would be fine. I'm not going to haul all of my tools to the bar, but I bet there will be time on the 8th for it as well.

• Moderators

I don't have your PM anymore (I've been getting 30+/day and our storage limit is a pain in the ass) so you'll have to remind me if there is anything special going on with this one. I assume: fretwork, refine the nut, replace the tuners, replace the pots, replace the output jack, and full setup. If so, the cost will be $20 plus shipping.

• Members

Hit me up when you get in town, and I'll let you know when we're playing in the Indy area, or when I'll be around. Maybe we can catch a bite to eat in the mall by the Guitar Center or something?

Yeah, definitely! My schedule should be relatively free until February, so shoot me a PM. How far are you from Indianapolis, again?

• Moderators

While we've got a Kindness thread going...

...I'm still not having luck finding a pickup for my bass.

:(

I'm going to work yours over this weekend. Full shielding and rewire. I'm going to see if we can get the pickup that's in there to be dead silent. If that fails, we'll find a new pickup for you. I figure we might as well work with the tools we have first and see if it meets your standards.

• Members

I don't have your PM anymore (I've been getting 30+/day and our storage limit is a pain in the ass) so you'll have to remind me if there is anything special going on with this one. I assume: fretwork, refine the nut, replace the tuners, replace the pots, replace the output jack, and full setup. If so, the cost will be $20 plus shipping.

Yup, that's it. Out of curiosity, would it be possible to drill holes in it to fit a standard jazz pickguard? I don't know what the p-up alignment is on that bass.

• Moderators

This, and I know how health conscious you are.
:thu:

I took a year or two off of paying attention to exercise. Now that I've added that back into the rotation I'm feeling strong and happy. I'm not quite up to ninja fighting standards, but I'm getting there. I need a bit more flexibility before I try any advanced techniques.

• Members

I'm going to work yours over this weekend. Full shielding and rewire. I'm going to see if we can get the pickup that's in there to be dead silent. If that fails, we'll find a new pickup for you. I figure we might as well work with the tools we have first and see if it meets your standards.

:cool:

• Members

I took a year or two off of paying attention to exercise. Now that I've added that back into the rotation I'm feeling strong and happy. I'm not quite up to ninja fighting standards, but I'm getting there. I need a bit more flexibility before I try any advanced techniques.

Yeah? Maybe we can work on that too when I come up again? :wave:

hahaha

• Moderators

Yup, that's it. Out of curiosity, would it be possible to drill holes in it to fit a standard jazz pickguard? I don't know what the p-up alignment is on that bass.

Sure. I'll need the pickguard. Do you want to buy it and have it sent to me?

• Members

Sure. I'll need the pickguard. Do you want to buy it and have it sent to me?

I can do that. Do you think a standard pickguard will fit the bass, or do the pickups have some weird consideration?

edit: would this work?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jazz-Bass-Pickguard-Tortoise-NIB-No-Reserve_W0QQitemZ120202768946QQihZ002QQcategoryZ41424QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

• Members

I'm an idiot. can you throw a gotoh bridge on it too? Don't worry about fretwork, it's a fretless :p

• Moderators

I can do that. Do you think a standard pickguard will fit the bass, or do the pickups have some weird consideration?

edit: would this work?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jazz-Bass-Pickguard-Tortoise-NIB-No-Reserve_W0QQitemZ120202768946QQihZ002QQcategoryZ41424QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It should work, but I haven't had a VM on my bench yet, so I don't know if there are any oddities. Why don't you get that PG and have Warmoth ship me a Gotoh 201 and we'll make it work. It just won't be done this weekend. :)

Archived