no used text books available this semester...

jonathan_matos5

• Members

stupid school and their curriculum updates :mad::cool::)

lucky for me i had enough grant money to cover my tuition, books, as well as a 1gm flash drive :thu: still waiting on my student loan :mad:

my classes start next Monday and my earliest class is at 9am :cool: im taking 15 credit hours.

ill be in class from 9am-4pm Monday Wednesday and Friday and from 9am-10 am on Tuesday and Thursday.

my Sibelius class looks like it will be fun:cool:

oh well time to practice :thu:

• Members

I used to just borrow them from the library if they weren't core text
:idk:

my school library sucks they dont keep copies of the books for my classes. if i show up before 5 i can make copies from the music department books but that will only get me so far. i had to break down and buy them. i hope i can get me a copy of Sibelius from the school free of charge so i can do my homework at home. i also need a midi controller and a bigass hard drive :cool:

ill probably be buying a sound board before i graduate.:cool:

• Members

My course were sneaky this year. They used the same textbook - but bundled it with a software programme access code that you need to complete the course.

It would actually be more expensive to buy a 2nd hand book and code seperatly :freak:

I don't take books to uni though - they are too big!!! I spent nearly $200 on them and I've hardly used them (my notes have been good enough so far) :rolleyes:

• Members

My course were sneaky this year. They used the same textbook - but bundled it with a software programme access code that you need to complete the course.

It would actually be more expensive to buy a 2nd hand book and code seperatly
:freak:

I don't take books to uni though - they are too big!!! I spent nearly $200 on them and I've hardly used them (my notes have been good enough so far)
:rolleyes:

i bought a cheap backpack last semester and the straps wore out ill have to get another one. i had to keep my books with me at all time or else i wouldnt have been able to do my homework. i took good notes in Humanities and managed an hour of practice time per day on piano and trombone. if i practiced that much in high school id be a full time paid tromboner now instead of a full time student that is broke.

here is my schedule (R= thursday at my school:freak:)

MUS -1013-301

MUSIC THEORY I MWF 10:00AM-10:50AM

SE 6208 01-07-08 to 05-02-08 Burton, Heidi R 3.00 32627

MUS -1062-301

AURAL THEORY I TR 09:00AM-09:50AM

SE 6102 01-07-08 to 05-02-08 Ford, John D. 2.00 32632

MUS -1651-301

Concert Band MW 02:00PM-03:20PM

SE 6168 01-07-08 to 05-02-08 Vento, Steve 1.00 32743

MUS -1622-301

Class Piano 2 MWF 09:00AM-09:50AM

SE 6102 01-07-08 to 05-02-08 Karitchashvili, Anna 2.00 32722

HUM -2223-304

Humanities II MWF 12:00PM-12:50PM

SE 7104 01-07-08 to 05-02-08 Lindsey, Sarah A 3.00 32005

MUS -2992-301

Computer Music Techniques I MW 11:00AM-11:50AM

SE 6268 01-07-08 to 05-02-08 Vento, Steve 2.00 34066

MUS -1432-301

PRIVATE TROMBONE To Be Arranged

01-07-08 to 05-02-08 Barnett, Ceth Paul 2.00 32700

• Members

:poke: *prods timetable with a big stick*

That looks worse to me than astrophysics.

9am/1pm Physics

10am Astronomy (exept for Mondays)

11am Maths

Tuesdays 2pm-2.30: Physics tutorials

Every Second Thursday: Astronomy tuturials

If I dedicated all my free time to work, I would be top in the class. However I dedicate it to constructivly wasted time*

*life would be boring without it.

• CMS Author

Oh yeah, the age-old college book store scam....change the books every semester so the old ones are worthless and everyone pays for new. I'd had it 'up to here' with that in my 3rd year, and for one class I refused to buy the book when it was not only not available used, but the prof told us he wouldn't be using it much if at all....but we "had to have it". I basically organized a revolt, which got to the dean of students, who being awakened from his customary semester's slumber, was none too pleased. I wound up not only not buying the book, but challenged the course and was granted the credits. Win-win!

• Members

Oh yeah, the age-old college book store scam....change the books every semester so the old ones are worthless and everyone pays for new. I'd had it 'up to here' with that in my 3rd year, and for one class I refused to buy the book when it was not only not available used, but the prof told us he wouldn't be using it much if at all....but we "had to have it". I basically organized a revolt, which got to the dean of students, who being awakened from his customary semester's slumber, was none too pleased. I wound up not only not buying the book, but challenged the course and was granted the credits. Win-win!

several of my books are supposed to come with a cd-rom or dvd-rom or just plain cd and the campus store had them removed so they could sell them separately. thats the store scam down here:mad:. at least the cd was listed as optional so ill only get it if the teacher says that it is necessary. who knows that cd may be pretty handy for aural theory 1:blah:

Archived