New Jag...

ModmanQ6

• Members

This was quite unexpected, but while looking for some patch cables on my birthday I tried out a Fender Jaguar bass in Guitar Center. The salesman made me a deal I couldn't pass up, so it came home with a gig bag and a Levys strap.

This bass feels great and sounds even better! The neck is a slim jazz neck and the controls are vol & tone knob, on/off switches for each pup and series/parallel switch (bottom set), and on the upper horn, a switch for active/passive with bass & treble active tone rollers. The tone ranges from deep thump to slapalicious to a nice bright almost Ric-ish twang. The setup is almost perfect and I really like the rosewood neck and matching red headstock. I haven't had a chance to use it with the band yet, but am definitely looking forward to it. It's been a long time since I've played a 4 banger with the band, but this one screamed take me home and spank me...so I did... :thu::thu:

jagsmalllx6.jpg

• Members

I think they're MIJ?
:confused:

You've got it right, MIJ/CIJ - those are fine basses, but I really don't care for the color choices all that much... Imagine, if you will - a Jag with a natural body, and a bound neck to go with the blocks, and maple board, ala Geddy - now THAT would be a beautiful thing to behold, IMO...

Nice bass though, Modman - I'll probably end up with a Jag one day... congrats...

- georgestrings

• Members

Too small for you?

It's 34" scale length.

it really feels smaller then most basses... when you put one on, you'll know what i'm talking about... they sound amazing though... it's hard to learn how to fiddle around with all the switches and knobs.... but the sound is really excellent...

• Members

It doesn't look to be much smaller than a Jazz.

it is a little smaller....

... but that is the reason why i didnt buy a 4 string fender jazz last year... it was too small on me...

... but dont care about what i say... i'm like... 1,85m tall, and i have very big hands, so the jazz 4's feel too small for me.... when i buy a Fender Jazz it will almost definitly have to be a 5'er....... but i've seen some Fender Jazzes with P-bass necks, and i was kinda intrested in those...

• Members

It says Crafted In Japan on the back of the neck near the body. There are no markings on the neck plate and the actives in it are 9v. Great feel and tonal variety! I thought about the black too if it had the matching headstock, but alas, they chose to keep it natural. I also like the aged look to the back of the neck - vintage-ish... :thu:

Oh, and for you ladies and metal rockers, you can check your makeup in the chrome on the body... :cool:

• Members

I have one also. I love it! The neck is delicious. I played live with it and thought it lacked attack and kinda got lost in the mix a little. I dropped in a set of Dimarzio Model J's and it made a world of difference. It really opened it up.

Archived