OT: Anyone Cruised the Mediterranean?

D Aussie

• Members

My in laws just got back from a cruise that went to those places. They had a great time!

Edit: I've also been to Italy quite a bit but somehow I think that JazzAd would be the one to talk to here. We also have a forumite who lives in Greece, can't remember which one though.

• Members

I've been to Greece (winter) and Malta (spring). In Greece, we took a week-long bus tour, starting in Athens then up to Delphi and other sites. We stayed in some decent inns along the way.

Culinary alert: for some reason, people thought Nescafe was a delicacy. :freak: Also, dinners in hotel restaurants start late (8 pm for first seating) and have multiple courses.

Malta was nice. We stayed in Valletta and day-tripped on buses for a week. The food is interesting---British cuisine meets Mediterranean meets North Africa. You should try the local beer just to say you did (Farson's Blue Label Ale and Cisk Lager), but the wines are better. The people were friendly. It's odd---Malta has a large population of Maltese who lived and worked abroad and returned to the islands to retire. We saw many US, Canadian, British and Australian flags outside homes.

Hope this helps. :thu:

• Members

Twice with the USN, 6-month cruises, and one 3-week trip with a friend. Been to Sicily, Sardinia, Corsica, Ischia, Capri, Majorca as islands go, and mainland ports of Naples, Sorento, Gaeta, Nice, Barcelona, Valencia, Monte Carlo, and several others.

Great areas to see all you can see! My only notion on package tours is make sure you get something that goes at a speed you can accept, and allows you plenty of freedom to deviate from a schedule if you'd like to.

• Members

malta is nice..they drive on the left hand side..

a bit dusty and really deviod of trees and birds..they shoot them for food

historical and with a nearby island to visit as well you can spend a good couple to three days

the only other med island i have been to is majorca...its better and has a lot of good infrastructure and is clean and verdant

mountains and good scenery

• Members

My wife and I did a Mediterranean cruise a couple of years ago. We went with Royal Carribean. Started in Barcelona then around the coast to Naples and then back across to Barcelona. We had a great time. Time constraints for sure as the boat will leave if you're there or not.

• Moderators

malta is nice..they drive on the left hand side..

a bit dusty and really deviod of trees and birds..they shoot them for food

historical and with a nearby island to visit as well you can spend a good couple to three days

the only other med island i have been to is majorca...its better and has a lot of good infrastructure and is clean and verdant

mountains and good scenery

They shoot trees for food? :freak:

• Members

Dubrovnik is much, much nicer when there isn't a mongo cruise ship dumping 3,000+ people on the city, and parked in the best photo view of the bay, along with its 10 bright yellow shuttle boats running to and from the pier. :mad::mad:

Archived