Do Any Of You Use These?

Givati

• Moderators

All kidding aside, I dont know anyone that uses them....Its an interesting idea...Im fortunate enough to usually gig in situations most of my life that wouldnt require that type of protection

I don't use them, but I'd like to. I've been using these whenever I need to bring the levels down a bit. They are good, but not perfect. I have been happy to say it has been a LONG time since I've needed them for a band I play in and it is starting to be a rare occurrence to need them at any of the venues I go to listen to live music. It used to be I couldn't walk in a club without them, but my favorite venues here have taken a clue from all of the earplugs in the audience and brought the house levels to a much more appropriate volume. :thu:

• Members

I have the same stuff, although not the same brand.

Custom molded with 2 different sets of filters. I paid 150 for them.

I never play without them, they're always in my gigbag.

They filter in a pretty much linear way, a some point you just forget them.

You also hear other musicians much better because they're not so loud.

• Members

I have the same stuff, although not the same brand.

Custom molded with 2 different sets of filters. I paid 150 for them.

I never play without them, they're always in my gigbag.

They filter in a pretty much linear way, a some point you just forget them.

You also hear other musicians much better because they're not so loud.

What brand is yours?

• Members

I have a set of the ER-20s, and they are a great value in workable hearing protection for musicians...The bands I'm currently in don't require their use, but 2 bands in the past certainly did - I'd end up with white noise in my ears after a rehearsal... In one band, I sent the guitarist down the road - for volume, and other numerous issues - without him constantly cranking his half-stack, I don't feel the need to use hearing protection any more... The other band found a bassist(I was just filling in), and that didn't break my heart...

I keep the ER-20s in a jacket pocket when I go out - besides rehearsals, I've found them useful to save my ears from fatigue while checking out an opening act, or if I'm checking out another band, and they're a bit too loud for my comfort... As for their performance - I wouldn't say their db cut is perfectly flat across the frequency board, but they don't squash all the highs that foam plugs do... Try 'em out before spendiong the $$$ on the fitted ones - you might find they'll suit you well - I *was* planning on going the fitted route, but after using the ER-20s for a bit, I'm saving my money...

Hope this helps,

- georgestrings

• Moderators

I have a set of the ER-20s, and they are a great value in workable hearing protection for musicians...The bands I'm currently in don't require their use, but 2 bands in the past certainly did - I'd end up with white noise in my ears after a rehearsal... In one band, I sent the guitarist down the road - for volume, and other numerous issues - without him constantly cranking his half-stack, I don't feel the need to use hearing protection any more... The other band found a bassist(I was just filling in), and that didn't break my heart...

I keep the ER-20s in a jacket pocket when I go out - besides rehearsals, I've found them useful to save my ears from fatigue while checking out an opening act, or if I'm checking out another band, and they're a bit too loud for my comfort... As for their performance - I wouldn't say their db cut is perfectly flat across the frequency board, but they don't squash all the highs that foam plugs do... Try 'em out before spendiong the $$$ on the fitted ones - you might find they'll suit you well - I *was* planning on going the fitted route, but after using the ER-20s for a bit, I'm saving my money...

Hope this helps,

- georgestrings

+1 to all of that, plus it is affordable to have several pairs so you don't get caught without them. I have sets in my coats, my gig bag, my briefcase, my car, etc.

• Members

+1 to all of that, plus it is affordable to have several pairs so you don't get caught without them. I have sets in my coats, my gig bag, my briefcase, my car, etc.

I've only had the one pair so far, and pretty much keep them in the jacket or vest I wear when going out - so I haven't been caught without them, yet... I AM planning on buying atleast a 2nd pair, though - they *could* be the best $13 I ever spent... I got mine at a local audiologist's office... I rinse mine off with 91% rubbing alcohol every so often, and haven't had any sanitary issues, yet...

- georgestrings

• Members

Or something like them? Feedback please.

I'm thinking about getting my son fitted for his

B-day. Its to late for me.

Actually, it's NEVER too late to preserve what hearing you have left - buy yourself a set of the ER-20s, too - after all, you want to be able to hear your son play, don't you???

- georgestrings

Archived