Led Zeppelin to play Bonnaroo 2008

Goofball Jones

• Members

i thought bonnaroo was a jam band fest, but i was clearly mistaken. when did that change?

robb.

When jam bands all started breaking up...:poke:

Oh, and Zeppelin themselves are pretty much a jam band. Don't know about now, but in their day they had 4 hour shows sometimes.

Ok, not the "true" definition of a "jam band"...

• Members

well, small is a relative term... the first 2 were about 70,000 folks, the third was about 80, and now i think its in the 95-100 range. With Zep playing its gonna be 125k or more I bet.
And with the addition of Nickelback, Kanye West and Boyz II Men
as headliners, its gonna be quite the packed farm...

:lol:

what a joke. at least most of the stinkiest hippies wont be there. those brahs are too crunchy to pay to see a three day crap fest of that nature.

F bonarroo, gathering of the vibes in CT and camp bisco are where its at as far as summer fests go for us jam band fans.

• Members

is that moe's summer fest? i dig moe. they still bring it. last time i saw them the bassist was playing a 5 string ric and slappin the piss outta it
:thu:

it's not a particular bands. Moe and Umphrey's headline this year.

Moe has moedown, and Umphrey's has Jam in the Dam (In amsterdam), they probably have another one in the states too.

• Members

what a joke. at least most of the stinkiest hippies wont be there. those brahs are too crunchy to pay to see a three day crap fest of that nature.

F bonarroo, gathering of the vibes in CT and camp bisco are where its at as far as summer fests go for us jam band fans.

Actually, its the All Good fest in W.Virginia that rules the jam fests, IMHO. I have attended the last 3 years. On top of a mountain in W. virginia, great vibe, not too hot, top acts, and spectacularly violent thunderstorms every year, guaranteed.

• Members

and spectacularly violent thunderstorms every year, guaranteed.

After coventry, I've had enough with storms at fests. 3 years later (my god it's been three years!) and I'm still drying out. :lol:

Actually, I've heard good things about "all good". I think the small regional fests, in general, are the way to go.

• Members

Actually, its the All Good fest in W.Virginia that rules the jam fests, IMHO. I have attended the last 3 years. On top of a mountain in W. virginia, great vibe, not too hot, top acts, and spectacularly violent thunderstorms every year, guaranteed.

my personal preference would be camp bisco if i was to go to a summer festival this year. the biscuits are doing it on such a higher level right now than any other band IMO. i love the untz and i love aaron manger's ruleage on keys. them boyz is sick.

i was at that show.

• Members

my personal preference would be camp bisco if i was to go to a summer festival this year. the biscuits are doing it on such a higher level right now than any other band IMO. i love the untz and i love aaron manger's ruleage on keys. them boyz is sick.

i was at that show.

yeah i saw bisco at all Good the summer before last...i faded, so i didnt catch the whole 3 hr set, unfortunately

• Members

All Good is about the only one that interests me any more. Well, other than Hookahville, for my own reasons
:cool:

lets see whose headlining this year, and we can convoy on down... also, the Vineland festy is a new up and comer, only 90 minutes from my house. I doubt it will be a jam band fest, tho...

• Members

If that is the only US show they are playing, then I am buying a ticket and flying out specifically for them, pretty much no matter the cost.

if it is the only US show, it will be a zoo, and i think cdb's crowd estimate is short by about half.

i'm with cdb and catphish. i have no interest in seeing any 70's nostalgia act touring in 2008. what made Zeppelin was what they were in the early 70's. Bonham is dead, the 70's are loooong over. it may sound a whole lot like Zeppelin, but it's not. ditto Cream, Pink Floyd, etc...

• Members

If you were at Merriweather Post for the GD show back on June 20th 1983, that was a storm!! Show Link

The storm was synched to the band and the lightning strikes came with power chords!! The lawn was a mudslide and at the end of the night you couldn't see the bridge over the creek because it was completely underwater, railing and all! All that was in evidence of the harleys parked near the creek were the tops of the handle bars...

• Members

If you were at Merriweather Post for the GD show back on June 20th 1983, that was a storm!!

The storm was synched to the band and the lightning strikes came with power chords!! The lawn was a mudslide and at the end of the night you couldn't see the bridge over the creek because it was completely underwater, railing and all! All that was in evidence of the harleys parked near the creek were the tops of the handle bars...

i saw phish in camden in 2000 (july 3&4th). they were playing bathtub gin. it was storming pretty hard out. in that song there are these pauses and i swear, every time there was a pause a huge bolt of lightning struck very near the arena (half outdoors, half in). i cant believe they never stopped it cause the strikes had to be within 2 or 3 miles of the venue. it was crazy.

• Members

That Dead show was a serious trip! As the people filed in, there was this dark cloud hovering directly over the amphitheater, but no rain. As the music started, a light drizzle began and the rain intensity mirrored the music intensity. They were completely in synch and the cloud just sat on the venue until the end of the show. When the music stopped, so did the rain. The lightning would strike behind the stage (you could see it through the sectional background) and when Jerry would hit a power chord the lightning came in sheets. The sound system went out a couple of times and kind of bubbled back to life as the speakers regained power... soaked to the bone fun!!

• Members

That Dead show was a serious trip! As the people filed in, there was this dark cloud hovering directly over the amphitheater, but no rain. As the music started, a light drizzle began and the rain intensity mirrored the music intensity. They were completely in synch and the cloud just sat on the venue until the end of the show. When the music stopped, so did the rain. The lightning would strike behind the stage (you could see it through the sectional background) and when Jerry would hit a power chord the lightning came in sheets. The sound system went out a couple of times and kind of bubbled back to life as the speakers regained power... soaked to the bone fun!!

I must find this show, as soon as I return from the dialup connection at my parents' house, that is. :)

• Members

I must find this show, as soon as I return from the dialup connection at my parents' house, that is.
:)

The link is in my first post...

Sorry for the derailment...

I don't think I'd travel to see the lineup for Bonneroo '08 either FWIW...

• Members

you suck. i am a huge dead fan but never got to see them. jerry died on my 15th birthday :cry:

• Members

After coventry, I've had enough with storms at fests. 3 years later (my god it's been three years!) and I'm still drying out.

Actually, I've heard good things about "all good". I think the small regional fests, in general, are the way to go.

Sounds like the last time I was at Camp Creek. Rained hard for about 12 hours solid. About halfway through the storm a bunch of us started terraforming the hillside in order to guide the water somewhere else before our tents became life rafts. :D

Archived