Best bass combo on the market?

Cymro#1

• Members

Think of 1. Price 2. Sound Quality 3. Weight(easy to carry about)

GK MB150

1. 600 bucks new

2. Sound Quality: wide variety of tonal possibilities, great GK quality

3. Weight: 26 lbs

MBS_large.jpg

• Members

GK MB150

1. 600 bucks new

2. Sound Quality: wide variety of tonal possibilities, great GK quality

3. Weight:
26 lbs

MBS_large.jpg

Yeah, those are tough to beat. :thu:

For bigger bang for buck, Rolands' new Cube 100 is pretty sweet.

For max bang for buck, I like Peaveys' Max112.

I wouldn't recommend these for gigging in a loud rock band type situation, but for practice, accompanying acoustic players, worship & coffee house gigs, they're all great amps.

I'd love to try SWR's BabyBabyBlue. The original is VERY highly regarded and this is supposed to be the same amp. :love:

• Members

Markbass CMD 102P. No idea what they go for in the states, but they are 500w in 4ohms with extension cab (300w in 8 ohms to the 2x internal 10's) 19kg, and sounds VERY good. Probably on the expensive side though.

Heard good things about the Peavey Max 112 as well. That's of course a LOT cheaper, but really for people with different needs.

• Members

Might be a LOT of disagreements here, but my Hartke (pre-Samson) Kickback 12 has been absolutely incredible for my smaller type gigs. Super easy to carry, plenty loud with a great DI out on the front panel, and I got it a few years back for under $350. Although they're the traditional Hartke speakers, I get a great sound live. Of course, my Pedulla MVP 6 helps alot with the overall sound.......

Mr. Matt

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Hey,

I would without hesitation recommend a SWR Super Redhead. Perhaps a bit pricey new, though well worth it. And since they are built like an armored personnel carrier a used one may be had for an excellent price. I made the comment on their overall strength and durability because a used Super Redhead would not likely be any worse for wear, trust trust yet verify or, caveat emptor.

And all that considered they are not very heavy; well placed handle and casters.

s

• Members

I have a long-term love affair going with the SWR Super Redhead. I can't speak to all the other combos mentioned on this thread. I only know that since I played through a Redhead several years ago I've wanted one and wouldn't be afraid to replace my full rig (Mesa/Boogie 400+, Bag End 4x10, Eden 1x15) with it, though I think I'd want to keep one of the cabs, or get a smaller extension cab of one kind or another.

Archived