The Line6 Lowdown?

davis1

• Members

IIRC there was a Bassplayer review of them a few months back. They said that it gets much louder than it seems like it would and that you can get some pretty good tones out of it, but that it was still a small amp. In other words: they liked it for what it was.

• Members

I own a Lowdown LD300 Pro which I use to practice with as well as for rehearsal and smaller gigs. For anything else I use my much larger G-B rig.

I've used it in the studio and loved the tone I got from it. Also the various built-in effects that come standard with it are outstanding IMO.

Plus the built-in tuner is great also.

I've never used Line6 products before, but i'm very happy with this amp.

TD

• CMS Author

I like how it sounds, everybody can find at least a couple models they will enjoy. They're quite powerful and seem well built but very, very heavy.

Most functions are worthless without the pedalboard though.

If the fill-in gig I mentioned the other day comes to be, I'll be using the Line6 for it...most of the venues are smallish bars afaik. If it works out well enough I'll think about getting the pedalboard. Otherwise, it's simply too expensive to consider for using in rehearsal.

• Members

My tech has warned me against Line 6 stuff, they are the only shop in the area that are certified by all the major Pro Audio equipment companies, so I trust what they say, they see a lot of Line 6 and Behringer gear.... THe biggest commment is the build is cheap, so things come unnattached and things like that. My guitar player bought a line 6 expression pedal to go with his line 6 pedal thingy, it fell apart the first gig he used it, it was designed to go under foot and still shot apart like it was fragile, in the middle of a song...

• Members

for 500 bucks for the 15" Line 6 combo, Id spend my money on something a little better that was slightly used.

I have some line 6 guitar stuff that I use and its decent. Ive used the combo before in guitar center and I used one live once when my retard guitarist didnt load my rack into the van like he said he did. Its not bad at all, its just you can spend that money better. Id say for a small practice combo like the 10", its perfect because it doesnt sound like an AM radio.

Archived