where can I get left handed strings?

GRANKOR

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Dude I used to work at a guitar shop. You can get people to believe about anything. For instance when people used to ask me if an acoustic guitar was a solid top or not, I would knock on the top of the guitar and say "Yep". Used to crack up the owner and co workers every time because I think most people believed me that was a legit way of telling.

Well, knocking the top does demonstrate it's not liquid or gas (or plasma), so and so establishes that it is indeed solid (by that definition). :wave:

• Members

Left handed strings are wrapped the reverse direction of right handed strings. I'm tired of having to adapt my "playing" to those bastards that think everyone should be happy with their right-handed wares!
:mad:

When that happens to me, none of the "right" notes get out during a song. And when the song is over, I have many, many notes "left."

:rolleyes:

• Members

Dude I used to work at a guitar shop. You can get people to believe about anything. For instance when people used to ask me if an acoustic guitar was a solid top or not, I would knock on the top of the guitar and say "Yep". Used to crack up the owner and co workers every time because I think most people believed me that was a legit way of telling.

On the other side, when i visit a shop for the first time, i like to ask some really noob questions, sometimes even dumb questions, to vendors, just to see if they treat me like an idiot, if they try to f*** noobs. it's really help me to chose shop i will come back or not. :D

• Members

Left handed strings are wrapped the reverse direction of right handed strings. I'm tired of having to adapt my "playing" to those bastards that think everyone should be happy with their right-handed wares!
:mad:

Not to mention the bridge ferrules are on the opposite end of the strings than those for RH strings.

• Members

True. And if you get strings with a right-handed wrap going though a cable with a left handed wrap....phase cancellation will occur with the most cancelation when the two counter wraps are closest in tightness and diameter. Most have no idea and this is why their "tone" suffers needlessly.
:(

So if I recall my physics correctly, this results in phase cancellation as you imply, which is effectively silence.

Does anyone have any spare left handed wrapped cables and a set of right handed wrapped strings to give to lug so his playing can be canceled out?

• Members

I asked at my local GC for some strings for my new bass I received at Xmas, a left handed Bender Bassocaster. He told me I needed special strings for it and they were only available online. Help!
:freak:

LOL, dude, your crackin' me up. Now go get me the metric crecsent (sp?) wrench... Matt

P.S. - I always wanted a bassocaster... lol

Archived