I suppose any company can have a clinker - now it's customer service time...

georgestrings

• Members

... as some might remember, I bought a Radial JDI MK3 DI box this past June - and have been singing it's praises ever since... I've probably done atleast 35 or more gigs since then, and used it at every one - and had nothing but great experiences with it - no hitches, nothing but praise from soundmen, great sound out front, etc...

Well, today I discovered the joyride is over - I hooked it up to my PA, and it's barely putting out a signal from the XLR jack... I tried 3 different basses, and different cables, then decided to try a couple of different DI boxes I had kicking around - a Behringer Ultra-DI, and an old ProCo passive - and both worked fine... I called Radial this afternoon, and left a voicemail with repair/service - we'll see what happens...

I've only had it 6 months, it's never been dropped or abused in any way - still looks like new, in fact - and I've got my sales slip and all original packaging... it comes with a 3 year warranty, so I *shouldn't* have any troubles getting a replacement... I'll update on this thread as things unravel...

Fortunately, the DI out on my newly aquired T-Max seems to sound pretty good, and is pretty noise-free(plus has Pre or Post EQ, and a ground lift) - I'll probably use it at my next gig, but will take one or both of the others just in case...

PS - I just used it last saturday, and it didn't seem to be acting up in any way - although because the venue was tiny, the soundguy had the guitarist and me pretty much off the board...

- georgestrings

• Members

i think it's being around guns.

they make a person tense.

Interesting theory, but I don't think that's it... I've never been one to put in a halfassed effort towards anything, so I'm pretty serious about anything I'm really interested in... On the other hand, people who know me tell me I'm pretty funny sometimes...

- georgestrings

• Moderators

Interesting theory, but I don't think that's it... I've never been one to put in a halfassed effort towards anything, so I'm pretty serious about anything I'm really interested in... On the other hand, people who know me tell me I'm pretty funny sometimes...

- georgestrings

I thought this post was funny.:idk:

:D

• Members

Let's toss a dozen guns and a coupla thousand rounds of ammo into the back of your and drive to Canada. We'll show those Canook bastards!:mad:

But seriously, this is not the first time I've heard of QC issues with Radial although they are known for great service so you're GTG.

• Members

Let's toss a dozen guns and a coupla thousand rounds of ammo into the back of your and drive to Canada. We'll show those Canook bastards!
:mad:

But seriously, this is not the first time I've heard of QC issues with Radial although they are known for great service so you're GTG.

Naw, I think I'll just stay in NY and ship it off to them - hahaha!!! I've always heard that Radial was a solid company, and that things of this nature are rare - although it truly can happen with ANY company... Hopefully I'll hear back from them tomorrow, so I won't have to sic beepo on 'em...

Tell ya what - I wouldn't want anyone named "bleepo" coming after me - hahaha!!!

- georgestrings

• Members

Update:

I spoke to Paul Blake(repairs At Radial) this morning, and he was a pleasant person to talk to... After getting an RA#, I boxed it up, and went to UPS...

Downside to this is, it'll take 'til the 14th to arrive(UPS Ground), and cost me nearly $16 to ship - got a gig on the 26th, so it looks like I'll probably have to do without it on that one... I guess when buying international products, this is to be expected, though - and I can't say it reflects poorly on Radial in any way...

- georgestrings

Archived