Are Rancid & Social Distortion considered punk?

guitargod0dmw

• Members
You were a whiny bitch even in High School?

:D

I was kind of emo actually, now that I think about it... I was basically depressed and miserable from 14-20. But no, I just hated everyone/thing in high school and was pretty bitter to the world.

Ya know, typical teenage loser :idea:

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Seriously? Sorry Kate, but I'ma have to bust your balls a little bit...

Your above statement is as cookie-cutter "punk rock" as it gets. You fit the mold of a very stereotypical punk rocker, which is sad on at least two levels... one, because of your apparent age, and two because that {censored} was played out sometime in the 90's. I used to get mad at people when they claimed to be a punk rocker by getting tats, piercings, dyed hair, or even go so far as to create monikers and avatars boasting how "punk" they are... :poke: Now I just laugh. So thanks for the laugh, I guess.

um...1. my name is not Kate, its Kay.....2. i am 33 not 13 so dont treat me as tho i am.....3. i never once said that my piercings and tats makes me punk, or that i even consider myself punk, i am just who i am and i did live the life associated with the punk lifestyle, i dont consider myself anything, i leave to a matter of others' perspective on how punk i am or am not, i dont care......4. as far as my avatar, i like the misfits, they are what i listen to most, and felt like using them as my theme for the moment. i continually change my avatar, next i may put up a pic of Annie freakin Oakley, but does not mean that i am stating that im more hillbilly than thou. you dont know me, dont assume things that you know nothing about.

Archived