bass player nicknames

rikshaw

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Another good nickname is "The major rager on the four string mother fu***r" about Cliff Burton, thanks to Dave Mustaine.

I had the nickname "DD", or simpley "double-d" for a while in high school, because I had a drop tuner on my bass for a while

• Members

Play simple, yet efficient and groovin', bass-lines. Then you can call yourself

Les Izzmor. :p

And. If it hasn't been said in this thread. Nicknames are not something you bestow upon yourself. And. They're not something that you think up. They just happen.

I played Rugby with a guy who missed a crucial kick in his first game with us. From that day on his nickname was "Norwood".

You can't look for a nickname, it will find you when the time is right.

• Members

Taz is too plain. Sitto with Animal.

How about we call him the People Powered Phallic Machine?

abbreviate it to "PPPM"! :freak:

hehe!

My nicknames are bassgirl or bass chick freak and then there is Selenawannabe (big fan of the late Selena)..but I don't think those would fit a dude!

• Members

(other than the standard asshole, dickhead, etc..) do any of you have nicknames?

No nicknames in my two current bands or any I've been associated with; never heard of bands that have to use nicknames

But I have heard of such -- it wasn't that band members had nicknames, but one dude got a nickname because of some past missteps or something . . . they called him Drowzy; the room he rented was known as Sleepy Hollow.

Also one drummer I knew gave himself a nickname he wanted, but it didn't stick or get used by anyone else

• Members

I used to be called "Mysterious"

Since nobody really cares about the bass player...everyone said I was that "mysterious" person on stage...it stuck...until I started rocking out more than everyone else...then I went from "mysterious" to "kicked out of the band"...man do some vocalists and guitarists have ego issues!

Archived