In the song "Yours Is No Disgrace" by Chris Squier...

mrmatt64

• Members

Wow. Awesome job on the cover.

The bass tone was really good and the vocals were _much_ better than what I expected. I was watching and thinking "sounds great. It'll fall on it's face when they get to the vocals." Needless to say I was completely wrong very pleasantly surprised. I'd love to see the whole video if you got it somewhere else.

Personally I love jamming to that song. Never found a band that could/would handle it.

It's interesting that you played the beginning in the first position on the bass. I always play it up in the second position. For some reason it seemed easier/more comfortable that way.

Regardless, good job!

• Members

Great job Matt! You are lucky. I've been trying for 30 years to get other players to cover Yes tunes with me to no avail... I jammed once with a guitarist and drummer who played a couple of tunes with me, but only once and no keys...

• Members

Wow. Awesome job on the cover.

The bass tone was really good and the vocals were _much_ better than what I expected. I was watching and thinking "sounds great. It'll fall on it's face when they get to the vocals." Needless to say I was completely wrong very pleasantly surprised. I'd love to see the whole video if you got it somewhere else.

Personally I love jamming to that song. Never found a band that could/would handle it.

It's interesting that you played the beginning in the first position on the bass. I always play it up in the second position. For some reason it seemed easier/more comfortable that way.

Regardless, good job!

Thx rikb@ss! That was a fun band. We did 4 Yes tunes (helps when you have an awesome female keyboard player that sings well too!). We also did a medley consisting of Beginning of Roundabout, Starship Trooper, Long Distance Runaround, and the end of Roundabout. We also did a lot of Rush and Zeppelin. Needless to say I put a LOT of hours in on the bass during those days!:p

Mr. Matt

• Members

Yeah, that was my old band Bad Mattitude (3 Matt's in that band:freak:). Thx for the kind words.

Georgestrings, I wouldn't want to tackle ANY of Howe's parts! Yikes!!

Mr. Matt

Pretty good job, then - nice work... and yeah, Howe IS a monster guitarist - although I didn't mean to imply that Squire isn't a great talent, too...

-georgestrings

Archived