Why do your basses rule all other basses?

willsellout

• Members

First the SB2: it rules for many reasons. I love the small body style, I love the Jazz width neck, the PU's are super hot and in yo face, and the sound is..well it pwns every other bass I own really on sound alone, for my style. It is the most comfortable bass I own as well.

Next up the Tony Franklin Sig: I've never heard an angrier bass. The thing growls and barks and scares bad men away. It's simple layout is super versatile and the PU's are both incredibly full. It's a P bass, a J bass, and an incredible fretless that none can touch as far as I'm concerned. It also rules because it's unlined ebony..nuff' said!

The Ric: Well what can I say..the sound is unique to this bass alone and it rocks balls. The looks...it looks damn sexy and makes the women moist!

Warwick SSII: The B string kills, the ergonomics are perfect, the neck is wonderful, and the tummy cut is a bonus that all basses should come with. I feel like a transformer when I put it on as there is such a connection:lol:. The sound is Warwick and much much more. It's the most versatile and comfortable Warwick I've ever tried. The narrow spacing is perfect for small hands and it rocks every other 5 string I've owned, bar none.

Now your turn:D

Dan

• Members

Fender MIJ P-bass lyte:

It's lighter than my lightest strat.

It's got active pup's that sound good and are versatile.

It's set up perfectly.

Electra P-bass copy:

Because it was my first bass.

I defretted it myself.

Brass nut.

Squire VM Fretless:

It's NOT the best bass...but it's a good bass.

Homemade fretless:

Because I made it.

IMG_1229.jpg

DCP_0045.jpg

DCP_0048.jpg

DCP_0047.jpg

DCP_0044.jpg

• Members

The Uber-Explorer. It's the ultimate cool bass, and anyone who see's it knows that whether they like playing it or not, it is the coolest bass possible. It's the very definition of bass cool. Soon to be even cooler. Muaa haa ha!:evil:

LeCompte twins. Because one good custom deserves another.;)

The Reverends. They make all other basses run away in fear of their pure awesomeness. They're called 'Reverend' because they speak with the voice of God.:cool:

Steinie Spirit fiver. Because no one else but me would cram more electronics into one than the bass is worth. And it rawks. Miami Vice style.:thu:

Gibby Victory Artist. If you don't know why this bass rules all others you're not a bassist. Period.:p

• Members

MIJ Fender Acoustic Electric fretless P-bass It's got so many cool features: semi-hollow body; fretless; string-through bridge; Lace pup and piezo. They're pretty rare, too.

'90 Gibson T-bird It's a T-bird. It weighs a ton and neck-dives like a mad bastage, but the tone = :love:

'62 Jazz reissue I bought it new in 1987 and it's my favorite bass. It's comfy, sounds great with flats, and has been with me for a long time.

Epi Jack Casady It's a hollow body, and I love 'em. The Vari-Tone selector offers some useful sounds.

MIJ '51 P-bass It's the bass that started it all, and it still sounds great.

'74 4001 It's a Ric. Nuff said. :D

'79 Franken-P/J I bought it as a parts bass off eBay in 1999. I could only save the neck, tuners and bridge, but it was the basis for a fun instrument.

51p.jpg

Kids.jpg

:thu:

• Members

The Ric - it delivers what I consider to be the ideal bass tone for most of the music I play. It plays great, sounds great, and never fails.

Spirit (cheap Steinberger) 5 string - I don't like detuning, so I grab this bass when I need the extra range. It was inexpensive, doesn't take up much space, and offers a different tone than my primary bass.

• Members

My Jazz owns everything that I've ever played simply because it does. Nothing else has its sound or its feel, and it's my gold standard for bassdom. :p

My Peavey Fury II is better than anything else because it's the poor-man's Stingray. :p

My SX P is better than any other fretless I've had because it's the only fretless(or P, for that matter, baring my first bass :p) I've really had and gotten to know. :p

My Peavey Foundation Fiver is the only fiver out there for me because I was able to pick it up and play it in the store, and it is comparable to my Jazz in many respects.

My Dean Performer is killer because it's just what I need in an acoustic bass(sans upright :p).

• Members

The fretted T-40: I love the sound, it is very versatile, and it feels just right to me

the T-40 FL: same as above, only fretless

Crossbred P bass: the parts were fairly cheap, it sounds great, and it is edification of the K.I.S.S. principle.

The Fender BG-31: If I want to record a track that has oodles of bass, then this accomplishes it in spades with its piezo and onboard preamp, although that's about all that it's good for.

• Members

My Roscoe Beck 4 string. Because of the versatility. It is one of the most versital basses I have ever owned.

I wished I still had my old Explorer. It was awesome, also. I wished I could find another one at an affordable price. I would grab it up.

• Members

The Daion rules because no one else has one, and it plays and sounds awesome. :D

The Alembic has the ultimate in bass electronics and has a unique aesthetic that appeals to me like few other basses.

The Fender fretless was owned by bnyswonger. 'Nuff said. :cool:

• Members

The Jazz Fretless: It was passed down from my teacher's teacher, to my teacher, to me. It has history, style, flare, and sounds sexier than anything I've ever heard in my life. Of all the fretlesses I've played, nothing can sing like this bass can. It has Bartolini pups that are amazing, and the BAII bridge is tuned perfectly to 420. The intonation is perfect and I can do everythign you could hope to do on a fretless with it.

• Members

My fretless 'Ray is the closest thing I have to a bass that rules all other basses. It's just the nicest playing bass. :love:

I feel my hot rodded SX P is somewhat special, as it plays and sounds awfully nice as well.

As nice as my 'Ray 5 is, well, it doesn't quite compare to other fretted 5's I've played from Lakland(US), so I may have to do something about that someday. :D

• Members

The Spector Rebop 5- because it is super light, but sounds HEAVY!!!!

The Fullerton 5 string because it was only 99 bucks

and the Kawai 4 string because when I was touring (such that it was...) Everyone said "Wow! What a gorgeous bass!" and cause Andrew Levy from the Brand New Heavies said "Nice bass!" as I walked offstage with it!

Archived