Ever try an octave pedal?

bassplayinmonky

• Members

Yes. octave down for me.

I used an OC-2 few years ago but it never really satisfied me. Then i sold it and have several month without effect. But the fever came back one month ago and i bought an EBS Octabass one week ago: Very good pedal. As good as the multicomp for compressors. Awesome sound, good tracking, exactly what i wanted.

I tried the EBS Octabass...it tracks so fast...seemed like 0 latency...

Those EBS pedals are great.

• Members
I tried the EBS Octabass...it tracks so fast...seemed like 0 latency...

Those EBS pedals are great.

Yep, absolutely. I am planning to get every one of them, actually. Well, perhaps not the ValveDrive, but all the others. :p

• Members

I just purchased a POG, but the seller sent me the wrong power supply and I haven't rec'd it yet. Ugh! From most reports, this is the pedal to get if you want a good octave-up. This is why I got the pedal.

the micro does as good at one up and one down as the full POG does, IMNSHO, it just doesn't do all of the extras that the wholePOG does.

YMMV

• Members

Boss OC-2.

It's analog, so it sounds great but it's not polyoctave so it can't track multiple notes. I turn up the first octave at 11 o'clock so it adds a ton of greasy thickness and tracking problems are nil because the octaved note isn't really apparent.

I totally didn't answer the question:

Micro Pog.

• Members

I've been thinking about trying out a octave pedal ,an octave higher, maybe even an octave fuzz of some sorts. Wondering if anyone out there tried this and how did it work out for you.

I use a Fender Blender from time to time. It adds a cool effect. Heavy fuzz + octave up. Surprisingly, it sounds quite good on bass.

Archived