Ever try an octave pedal?

bassplayinmonky

• Members

...octavers are tremendous, the extra tone is great...the POG is my favorite (octave up, 2 octaves up, octave down too, detune, & organ out the ying-yang) & one of the most brilliant pedals of any sort ever...I also love my RetroMan Scram & want to find one of his Hi Octone & Wolf Tone Machine pedals www.RetroMan-Music.com ...

• Members

I've been thinking about trying out a octave pedal ,an octave higher, maybe even an octave fuzz of some sorts. Wondering if anyone out there tried this and how did it work out for you.

Add a 4th/5th along with the root & octave and you're describing the Akai Unibass. I like mine. It works as well with guitar as it does with bass. The octave up sound is a little fake sounding, but works pretty good if you send it through another fuzz pedal and/or guitar amp.

• Members

Yes. octave down for me.

I used an OC-2 few years ago but it never really satisfied me. Then i sold it and have several month without effect. But the fever came back one month ago and i bought an EBS Octabass one week ago: Very good pedal. As good as the multicomp for compressors. Awesome sound, good tracking, exactly what i wanted.

• Members

I'm currently running an EHX MicroPOG in my bastard rig, and it seems to work pretty well. I use the "dry" out to run to my bass rig, and the "wet" out to run to the guitar side of my rig. I'm only using the octave up right now, and running the two-headed rig to fill in the space left by a departing guitarist.

If you're not looking for really complex options, but need to have a pedal that will track chords, I'd say get the MicroPOG.

Archived