Live in Chicago? Like spicy food?

Thunderbroom

• Members

Snacking on a Wing and a Prayer

CHICAGO (Reuters) - A Chicago tavern said on Thursday it will begin selling chicken wings coated in one of the world's hottest peppers -- a dish so hot that patrons first have to sign a waiver agreeing not to sue for injuries.

Jake Melnick's Corner Tap said the wings made with Red Savina pepper will be served with an alarm bell for patrons to summon waiters with sour cream, milk sugar and white bread if things get out of hand.

Levy Restaurants, which owns the tavern, said its chef d'Cuisine Robin Rosenberg had been working on the concept for years but was never sure he'd be able to serve it.

"This isn't the right sauce for everyone, but for someone out there, this is going to be absolute heaven. Of course, for a handful of people, it's going to be hell," he said.

From Wikipedia:

Samples of Red Savina have been measured as high as 580,000 Scoville units. For comparison, this is twice as hot as a regular habanero pepper (100,000

• Members

My son and I are discussing the possibility. Of course he's just blowing smoke because he got his ass kicked over the holiday by some jalapenos.

Hahaha, I'm not saying that I'd grip it like a real man, but it'd be interesting, if nothing else, and that's what'd make it worth one try.

That sounds ridiculously hot, though.

Living where I do, I ended up being a really good friend of this hispanic family, and they had me over for dinner often. I made ten bucks by being the resident white boy and eating a couple of habaneros with some pepper melange from a can. :p I ran a sinkful of water afterwards and dealt with the ridicule. Haha.

• Members

Living where I do, I ended up being a really good friend of this hispanic family,

Georgia has changed in the last 20 or so years. I grew up in a small GA town and there were only white folks and black folks. Over the years of visiting my parents since I moved away, I've noticed that many minorities have moved to that same small town.

I think it's kinda cool.

• Members

Georgia has changed in the last 20 or so years. I grew up in a small GA town and there were only white folks and black folks. Over the years of visiting my parents since I moved away, I've noticed that many minorities have moved to that same small town.

I think it's kinda cool.

Yeah, for the most part, it's just a byproduct of the slow growth most areas here exhibit. I'm amazed that some of the "minorities" that live here choose to. A fair amount of people around use it as an excuse to perform bigotries and the like on a regular basis.

There are a few place that have held on tighter than others, though. Hell, some place have barely changed, minus a few new faces and fast food joints.

It's quite the cultural scope. It'd be REALLY interesting, if it wasn't so damned hot. :p

• Members

My son and I are discussing the possibility. Of course he's just blowing smoke because he got his ass kicked over the holiday by some jalapenos.

I might try one too. Have you ever had Dave's Insanity hot sauce?

• Members

I'd try it once..I love spicy food, but not just hotness, it has to have flavor. This is why I love Thai food so much.

I had the hottest wings ever in a little bar in New London CT. I was actually dizzy they were so hot.

I'd try them as well, but for the same reason. I like to taste something as well.

Were you stationed there at one point in time? Which bar are you talking about? I'm not really familiar with the area...just the sub base really.

• Members

I'd try them as well, but for the same reason. I like to taste something as well.

Were you stationed there at one point in time? Which bar are you talking about? I'm not really familiar with the area...just the sub base really.

I was there for a school at the Coast Guard Academy. It's a bar in the downtown part of it..I don't remember a whole bunch as far as where it was. It was a nice bar, had shuffleboard and some games..that's about all I remember:D

Dan

• Members

I've had Dave's Insanity Sauce. That's my limit. I did use it. However ...

A former roommate had some Mad Dog

http://www.hotsauceworld.com/357maddoghot.html

He saw me put an abundance of Mad Dog on a chicken breast, and suggested I rinse it all off and start all over. I gave him the look that said, "silly man, you don't know how tough I am!"

He stared back at me and only said, "seriously."

I rinsed a little of it off, and the remainder still was too caustic for a second bite.

Archived