OT: Anyone else like the Bud Light "Dude" commercials?

Armchair Bronco

• Members

Maybe I'm just crass, or my sense of humor isn't very mature, but I really enjoy watching the Bud Light "Dude" commercials.

I just spotted a new one at the end of the Tenn-SD playoff game -- really funny.

The offical BudLight site only has the original "Dude" commercial online. YouTube has a few grainy versions as well. There's also one featuring more scenes with the guy at work. The new one I saw today has him at a football game.

I usually skip past commercials with my Tivo Series 3, but the "Dude" commercials are an exception to the rule.

• Members

They're OK, but I like the "Real Men of Genius" tunes - my band talked about working up "Jorts" for a goof...

- georgestrings

I agree. The "Real Men of Genius" radio spots are brilliant. Too bad I live in a PC zone (Seattle). We only get to hear a small subset of the radio spots. I have to go on-line for the rest of em.

• Members

Dude...just no!

Bud isn't cool, unless you're talking about Budvar.

Bud Light is just....
:mad:

You might as well be drinking a Coke.
:lol:

Coke doesn't get you drunk! :mad:

edit -- and that's an awful comparison, shame on you :freak:

• Members

Dude...just no!

Bud isn't cool, unless you're talking about Budvar.

Bud Light is just....
:mad:

You might as well be drinking a Coke.
:lol:

I don't actually DRINK Bud - can't stand any A.B. products - but can appreciate some of their advertisment mediums... I drink Labatts more than any other beer, actually...

- georgestrings

• Members

the dude commercials are pretty good for now.

the 'coach' commercials (coors light) are {censored}ing terrible. i can't imagine how stupid someone would need to be to enjoy those.

the 'real men of genius' commercials are written for 8 year olds and are totally stupid.

• Members

Yeah, I like the Coors Light ones, too. The ones with Parcells & Green lead the pack. And I think some of the ironic references of the "Real Men of Genius" commercials would be lost on your average 8-year-old.

http://thefuntimesguide.com/2004/10/bud_light_real.php

Let's keep in mind here that we're talking about commercials for watered down American beer here, not the Presidential Debates of "Face the Nation". People who would actually go out and buy a beer based on a TV commercial don't have much taste to begin with!

• Members

I don't actually DRINK Bud - can't stand any A.B. products - but can appreciate some of their advertisment mediums...

- georgestrings

i agree. it amuses me to watch A.B. trying to position themselves as a craft brewery.

that said, i do like the 'Dude' commercials.

• Members

Yeah, I like the Coors Light ones, too. The ones with Parcells & Green lead the pack. And I think some of the ironic references of the "Real Men of Genius" commercials would be lost on your average 8-year-old.

Let's keep in mind here that we're talking about commercials for watered down American beer here, not the Presidential Debates of "Face the Nation". People who would actually go out and buy a beer based on a TV commercial don't have much taste to begin with!

I'm not gonna lie... The only reason I ever tried Red Stripe was because of the hilarious radio commercials. (Hooray beer!) And that's one of my favorite beers now!

Archived