reccomend me songs............

mobass

• Members

The Cure

The Pixies

Both bands have lots of songs with smart, simple basslines that are up front in the mix and easy to hear.

edit/

i started with minor threat. most of their stuff is pretty straightforward.

• Members

that is what I was fixing to ask-the genre..I love all sorts of music, but found the slower country love songs are easier for me to learn. My first song learned by ear was Oh What a Thrill by the Mavericks then Don't Close Your Eyes by Keith Whitley. I sometimes use tabs to fill in the notes that I can't figure out, but those two I did 100 % by ear. Still gotta fill in some notes in the Keith song. I find myself being able to find the notes now easier and I am thrilled! I started playing the bass along with Ladie's Night a few min ago too! hehe!

• Members

Any genre. I learned down on the corner by ccr, and check the tab online afterword. According to the tab i'm playing it wrong, by one note. I think the tab is wrong though.

The tab was

a---3-0----3-3-0------0-3-3

e--------3--------3-3-

I think that the open a that's the 3rd to last note should be a b played on the 2nd fret of the a string.

• Members

Any genre. I learned down on the corner by ccr, and check the tab online afterword. According to the tab i'm playing it wrong, by one note. I think the tab is wrong though.

The tab was

e--------3--------3-3-

I think that the open a that's the 3rd to last note should be a b played on the 2nd fret of the a string.

Not a comment on this example, but it's not all that uncommon for tab to be less than accurate - and some sources are shakier than others...

- georgestrings

• Members

Not a comment on this example, but it's not all that uncommon for tab to be less than accurate - and some sources are shakier than others...

- georgestrings

That's why I want to learn to play songs by ear.

• Members

The tab was

e--------3--------3-3-

You're right. Seems you're on your way.

The Police have some stuff that's quick to pick up.

Archived