Sexy without vinyl on it....

ministryoflower

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Hi All

The Hydraulic Reference was designed by my late father in 1963, it was while he was at his factory in Borehamwood Uk (now home of J A Michell) that Stanley Kubrick came to see my father with his production designer and asked if they could borrow a turntable for the bedroom scene in A Clockwork Orange (not the record shop), my father said yes and never saw it again.

I still produce this turntable today and two other models and also provide a full spares and servicing for all our turntable.

Regards

Michael Gammon

Transcriptors;)

• Members

Because it was done 30 years ago when my dad started the trend to expose the components, been their and got the t-shirt:)

Sorry; I meant that post to reply to the guy before you, actually. :) And my post was more to point out the incredibly high price of some turntables than to make any serious statement.

Welcome to the forum! :wave:

• Members

Wow, Mike Gammon himself. Awesome.

I always liked the Technics SL-10

sl-10-h.jpg

My dad designed a parrallel tracking turntable in 1977, encased in glass, the arm remained in one place and the platter moved on a bogey system controlled by a dc motor, makes the Techincs look like a toy :p

Michael

• Members

transcriber_01.jpg

Transcriptors Transcriber designed and manufactured in Carlow Ireland, from 1977 to 1980.

Michael
;)

I saw one of those in The Absolute Sound. Pretty incredible. I'm afraid the next time I upgrade my gramophone device it won't be quite that spectacular but at least I'll have the cash left over for an MC cart. :freak:

Archived