Those Aguilar GS112s are great aren't they?

FreestyleIntruder

• Members

I recently bought 2 used ones. I have an Nemesis NA320 and a Mustang bass, it sounds horrible. :(

Maybe my amp sucks or maybe my bass sucks?

:(

When i say sucks i mean fuzzy and unclear. I like a clean sound. Maybe the short scale bass lacks clarity? Or maybe the amp hasn't enough power or headroom; or maybe all of the above.

• Members

I dug the tone of my old one but I found that I needed to take a second one along even to rehearsals, which kinda defeated the purpose of having a compact cab. They just didn't put out enough volume for my needs.

The idea of a pair of compact cabs is

a) versatility

b) portability...being able to more easily/conveniently do load in/out

One big cab doesn't work well when your done with your bar job and want to accompany an acoustic player(or a few) at the local coffee house, or play for your worship service the next morning. I'd also beat the living hell out of my nice big cab if I had to haul it in my old hatchback, due to the f'ed up design of my hatchback. My back would hate me as well.

• Members

I recently bought 2 used ones. I have an Nemesis NA320 and a Mustang bass, it sounds horrible.

Maybe my amp sucks or maybe my bass sucks?

When i say sucks i mean fuzzy and unclear. I like a clean sound. Maybe the short scale bass lacks clarity? Or maybe the amp hasn't enough power or headroom; or maybe all of the above.

Yeah, those are fantastic cabs...it's most likely that bass.

• Members

a) versatility

One big cab doesn't work well when your done with your bar job and want to accompany an acoustic player(or a few) at the local coffee house, or play for your worship service the next morning. I'd also beat the living hell out of my nice big cab if I had to haul it in my old hatchback, due to the f'ed up design of my hatchback. My back would hate me as well.

I bought a pair of Dr. Bass cabs after the Aggie, they were smaller, lighter and put out more volume. One was more than enough for rehearsals and I usually brought both to gigs. They were what I was hoping the Aggie would be.

• Members

I bought a pair of Dr. Bass cabs after the Aggie, they were smaller, lighter and put out more volume. One was more than enough for rehearsals and I usually brought both to gigs. They were what I was hoping the Aggie would be.

Dr Bass cabs rawk as well...very different sounding than the Aggies.

• Members

a) versatility

That's pretty much what I got this one for - also for those gigs where the bass is going through FOH so I don't need my big rig

• Members

Yep. Again, I loved the Aggie's tone but having to tote two to a rehearsal just to be heard got old pretty quickly.

Understood. :)

Just depends on your situation. I want a car with the type of rear that I can take a big cab, drop one end, and slide it in without tearing up the cab or the car. As long as I wouldn't have TOO many stairs at either end, it'd be ideal.

• Members

Understood.
:)
Just depends on your situation. I want a car with the type of rear that I can take a big cab, drop one end, and slide it in without tearing up the cab or the car. As long as I wouldn't have TOO many stairs at either end, it'd be ideal.

Kinda makes a good argument for a moving van and a paid roadie. I've actually been thinking of picking up a 215 lately. :freak:

• Members

I dug the tone of my old one but I found that I needed to take a second one along even to rehearsals, which kinda defeated the purpose of having a compact cab. They just didn't put out enough volume for my needs.

I do prefer two, also. I think having one lacks some low end, not necessarily volume. Regardless, I love those cabs.

• Members

The GS112 seriously rumbled when I had my GK700rbII. Gorgeous, in your face tone. When I got my new amp, it really made the sound tubby and lacked a lot of definition, which led me to sell it in lieu of getting a cab that would "play nicely" with the new amp.

If I do a rock band thing again, I'm buying that GK/Aggie setup again. Killer rock tone.

• Members

Uhmmm, ya. And then there's the NV610. So many cabs, too little time. *sigh*

Yeah, the problem it actually HEARING an NV610 or the Berg 2x15. Then again, I travelled 400 miles to hear the Berg 1x12 & compare it to the Aggie & others. I know there are people around with the larger Berg cabs.

In the meantime, I should fill up w/GAS and find that Eden 6x10 to play thru. :D

• Members

Yeah, the problem it actually HEARING an NV610 or the Berg 2x15. Then again, I travelled 400 miles to hear the Berg 1x12 & compare it to the Aggie & others. I know there are people around with the larger Berg cabs.

I could have scored an NV610 for $600 about 2 months ago. I'm still kicking myself but ya, the 215. :freak:

In the meantime, I should fill up w/GAS and find that Eden 6x10 to play thru.
:D

No, you shouldn't. Trust me on this. :D

Archived