do you take your shoes off while in the house?

bassdudeguy

• Members

i wear shoes at home unless i am going upstairs (carpeted and usually only family go up there). if i'm asked to take off my shoes at someones house i don't ever go back. feet are really nasty and i'm not going to walk around a house where noone ever wears shoes.

• Members

My house.. almost always...

Other peoples house? Almost never, but I will follow their lead if it is their done thing.

Must be an Aussie thing. When I get home, my shoes are the first thing that come off me.

If I visit someone, they don't come off at all unless it's like a mates BBQ / pool party and theres a good reason to be shoeless.

• Members

In my house, off they come... In my neck of the woods, you generally run into 2 kinds of houses - those who keep their floors, carpets, etc... pretty much immaculate - and you're expected to take your shoes off upon entering... and those who's floors are not quite so tidy - and they don't seem to care as much... When I go to someone else's place - I ask, then go with the flow...

I live in upstate NY, where for 3/4 of the year, you're dealing with either rain and mud, or snow - and we have carpet that we try to keep somewhat nice... Believe me, your socks won't get dirty walking around my house...

As for stinky feet - I've found that washing them, and wearing clean socks helps that quite a bit...

- georgestrings

• Members

WTF?

I can't believe so many of you wear shoes all the time. That's just odd.

When I'm at my house, I don't have shoes on unless I'm about to leave. At other people's houses, I don't take my shoes off. Sorry, I don't want your nasty house germs on my feet.

I couldn't imagine walking around in shoes all day around the house.

• Members

He'd be wrong... although what'd he have to say about your habits??? - hahaha!!!

- georgestrings

She tells me that I "project" quite a lot too, except in my case it's physical rather than psychological.

Get some rest now.

• Members

I read a commentary article in the Chicago Tribune a couple weeks back that gave a reason for taking off shoes inside: lead. Apparantly, all the lead used in industry and in home products in past years has left a lot of lead in the soil. Tracking in soil can bring in lead.

• Members

At home the shoes come off - no muck getting trailed through the house and it is more comfortable when sitting about at home to wear looser fitting slippers or something instead of shoes.

Elsewhere? it depends on the house in question, so you just have to go with the flow and see what others there are wearing. Some friends houses and flats are nice and clean so the shoes come off and all is good, but there are also the other flats that aren't kept as tidy where I (and everyone else) keep the shoes on (I am a student...)

At home everyone seems to manage to follow my lead, either following me in the door and watching em take off my shoes, or noticing the large pile of shos inside the front door and following suit.

David

• Members

The people that don't take their shoes off indoors are the ones that don't need to worry about stepping in mud.

Horsesh!7 is an entirely different matter.

Growing up, our grandmother lived with us. She had no qualms about just barging in. Since then, if I'm out of bed, I'm fully dressed.

• Members

I'll take my shoes off in the house if I am hot. Easier to cool down that way.

Usually I just tend to walk right in.

If I am at work, I'll definitely take me shoes off, as they're usually covered in dust or mud.

I don't mind wearing shoes, but most times when I go out of the house (especially when I visit me parents), I have to get reminded to put them on! I really don't care getting me feet covered in dirt, or sand down at the beach, or walking through sharp grass (even when it does hurt, like spinifex!). Although the soles of me feet aren't exactly like leather, they have become a bit calloused.

• Members

When I'm at my house, I don't have shoes on unless I'm about to leave. At other people's houses, I don't take my shoes off. Sorry, I don't want your nasty house germs on my feet.

Then piss on your feet.

Serious! The urine will kill the germs, as it is a poison. It will kill leptospirosis, also known as Weil's Disease, a rather nasty bug (caught from stagnant water infected by rats) that can render you extremely sick in hospital on a drip and very high fevers, and lead to death if not careful.

Sure your feet will stink and need a good scrubbing with soap and clean water, but it will kill them germs.

• 2 months later...

Archived