do you take your shoes off while in the house?

bassdudeguy

• Members

Rarely. Of course, if that's the custom in someone's house, then certainly. I was surprised when I visited Finland, everyone would do it and I sort of just blundered into a couple of people's houses with my boots on... they cut me some slack because I was foreign (and most of the time, drunk)

• Members

I was surprised when I visited Finland, everyone would do it and I sort of just blundered into a couple of people's houses with my boots on... they cut me some slack because I was foreign (and most of the time, drunk)

Yeah. We've got that japanese custom here too. But we don't eat sitting on the floor. Instead, we lie drunk on the floor. Better on a clean floor ;)

Only if the occasion is more formal (dresscode), do the shoes stay on (nice, clean and polished ones, of course).

I don't like dragging dog poo, snow, mud and whatnot into my house under the soles of my shoes. Before entering, I wipe them off and then leave them in the hall.

Even at the studio where I work, there's a no-shoes policy. It's reduced the need for vacuuming to a bare minimum.

-DMC-

• Members

In my house it is not a rule unless the shoes are wet, muddy ,snow covered or any other condition that would obviously {censored} up the rug.

otherwise I keep my shoes on till I take them off.

I avoid peoples houses who have the strick rule about shoes.........

my place is no {censored} hole but it is not a clean room either

Archived