confused by two ibanezs'...

ontherooftop

• Members

i play mainly funk and 60's rock (mostly beatles and such) and im not really into metal or hardcore things like that so being in my position would yall get the edb400 or the srx390? or if yall have any better suggestions in the 400 dollar range please let me know

• Members

After reading both of your threads, look into a G&L L-2000 or ASAT -- if ya cant afford a USA, get a Tribute -- If ya cant afford a Tribute, get a used one. The Tributes and USAs sound IDENTICAL

The reason being is I can emulate just about any bass on my ASAT (L-2000 with

a tele body)..It can sound like a Jazz, a P, an active Jazz or P, it can emulate P-J setups, and a similar tone to a StingRay can be gotten out of one..... Theres very few basses (like a Ric or early Alembic) that it can't imitate...Plus it has a zillion other sounds you can get out of it

For funk and rock, and any other style, its the all purpose Swiss Army bass..........

• Members

Ibanez ATK300. However if its the slimmer neck you prefer, try finding a used 90's one - they have slimmer necks much more like the soundgears... the current models have broader necks like a stringray.

That being said though, the 90's models are heavier in the weight dept compared to the reissues.

• Members

Ibanez ATK300. However if its the slimmer neck you prefer, try finding a used 90's one - they have slimmer necks much more like the soundgears... the current models have broader necks like a stringray.

no offense, but this is so far from accurate.

The 90s ATK (which I have 2 of) are fat width and thin. NOTHING like a SoundGear; which is narrow and thin. Atk necks are Like this:

backshape_2.jpg

Stingray necks are like this, Nothing at all like any Ibanez I've ever played:

ssv.jpg

In fact, SR's are about as unique a neck shape as a Warwick is; which nothing is like either

Archived