McCain v. Obama in 2008? Who saw this 2 months Ago?

jasper383

• Members

Is this what the US Presidential election will be? A couple months ago, McCain was DOA, and Hillary had it all wrapped up (at least according to those who think "the media" decides the candidates for us).

If this is it, I predict McCain in a walk. And not because Obama is African American, either. He's too far left, and too inexperienced.

What do you think?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hey...it ain't over till the Illuminati decide who will be the puppet president.

I'm just saying....

Which we will be doing at our next meeting, I believe. It's your turn to bring the beer, and don't bring that cheap as {censored} like you did last time.

• Members

Hillary cried yesterday though, we've yet to see effects of that.

Do you guys think that was real, or staged?

They guy chanting sexist stuff at the back of the room at her conference....It sure seems like it was a set up to me for her to go into the "last glass ceiling" comments.

• Members

Which we will be doing at our next meeting, I believe. It's your turn to bring the beer, and don't bring that cheap as {censored} like you did last time.

+1..........you bring that Pabst Blue Ribbon crap again, you'll be wearing the Stone Of Shame. :mad:

• Members

Do you guys think that was real, or staged?

They guy chanting sexist stuff at the back of the room at her conference....It sure seems like it was a set up to me for her to go into the "last glass ceiling" comments.

The timming was pathetic. She lost in IA, and when the polls showed she was behind in NH, this happens. Grasping at straws...or just coinkydink?:p

• Moderators

Dick Morris said she did that once at the White House and it was real. His thoughts were that this could have been real, too, since she has believed for so long that her Presidential anointing would be inevitable. Regardless, I saw a clip of a focus group made up of Democrats in NH and she scored zero points with them. One lady made the point of saying something along the lines of "It's hard to ever tell with her what's real and what's a sell job."

As far as the OP . . . .I don't see McCain making it. NH loves him. Beyond that, I don't see a lot of momentum. I have to eat crow about Obama. I didn't think he stood a chance against Hillary. His lack of experience is made up for in charisma.

• Moderators
Isn't McCain the guy who backs Bush on every war move he makes?

I get the impression that McCain promotes himself as the original backer of the surge. Since the surge appears to be working, that's probably not bad for him. I don't quite get it, though. I thought that was General Petraeus' idea and design.:confused:

• CMS Author

I get the impression that McCain promotes himself as the original backer of the surge. Since the surge appears to be working, that's probably not bad for him. I don't quite get it, though. I thought that was General Petraeus' idea and design.
:confused:

It was. But great ideas don't go anywhere without funding, and funding bills don't go anywhere without someone in the Senate pushing for them.

• Members

Hillary cried yesterday though, we've yet to see effects of that.

Hil's advisors: "People think you're too cold. Soften up by 10%. But don't give 'em too much to chew on, or they won't just think you're human, you'll go too far and people will think you are weak. Get close to crying, but no real tears. Sensi-strong, etc."

All a game, all a game.

• Members

If it WOULD come down to Obama vs McCain, it would be tough for me, as I respect both men for very different things. I think of McCain as the 'safe' way to go...same ol' same ol', likeable yet tough, not just a vet, but a POW...that said, I find Obama likeable as well, but his freshness is what I like best about him. All this talk about inexperience frustrates me. So the naysayers all feel that we need to keep politicians in office to ensure our spiral downward?

If Ron Paul pulls thru this, my choice will be much easier. ;)

• Members

Hil's advisors: "People think you're too cold. Soften up by 10%. But don't give 'em too much to chew on, or they won't just think you're human, you'll go too far and people will think you are weak. Get close to crying, but no real tears. Sensi-strong, etc."

All a game, all a game.

Yup.

Archived