now I know the bass is for me!

SelenaBassGirl

• Members

being a fellow keyboard player-I used to LOVE the keys. I had started-well formed a band in high school and I was gonna be the keyboard player. Anyways, that didn't work out..apparently mom didn't take me seriously being a chick and all and nobody's parent's would let us jam at their houses. Oh boy my brother was allowed to practice his band at mom's..but he is a guy, so that was a bit understandable I guess.

Anyways, I still play on the piano and keys but for some reason this past 3 yrs I have really started loving the bass more and then I got one. Now, I am not gonna give up what I learned on the keys, and I will still con't pecking on the thing now and then to keep up but you know, it bores the {censored} out of me now! hehe! I just peeked in the keyboard site and all I wanted to do was GET OUT OF THERE! hehe! I feel a lot different here. So thanks ya! I feel so welcomed here! Oh do I love that low sound! hehe! I know: shut up!:blah: I am rambling.

• Members

Wtf do you need 4 keyboards for
:mad:

Nothing is dedicated but I keep a basic map......and I switch a lot of sounds but The basic map is

bottom left: Roland D-70 - piano, e.piano, and piano combos

top left: Roland RS-5 - brass, organ, sax, pads, solos

bottom right: E-Mu EMAX - brass, organ, loops, orch hits, fx, sampled stuff

top right: Roland JX-8P - syn brass, solos, analog warm pads, analog fx, sweeps

• Members

Keyboards are a blast. That said, I wouldn't want to be a full time keysman.

My last rig-

Roland D50 synth, Ensoniq EPS sampler based workstation, Boss DR550 drum machine, Peavey 8 channel rackmount mixer, Carvin 400 watt power amp & Cerwin Vega 15 & horn cab

My 1st synth was a Yamaha DX100 synth.

I grew a rig from there- Yamaha DX11 synth, Yamaha RX17 drum machine, Alesis MMT8 sequencer & Digitech DSP128 signal processor.

These days, I have a vintage Roland JX3p analog synth, Emu Orbit & Roland MVS1 modules. I'd love to expand on this, but I'm not giving what I have the time, so... :idk:

• Members

Check out this gorgeous hunk o' keyboard player
:love:

spazzkeysmn2.jpg

Now, just also use a bass and get some Taurus pedals and you'd be good to go.

Also, aren't those keyboards a tad too far apart? I mean, you could put like 2 more keyboards in between them! :freak:

Stack them all on top of each other maybe?

Course, who the hell am I to tell you how to play your music!

• Members

Also, aren't those keyboards a tad too far apart? I mean, you could put like 2 more keyboards in between them!
:freak:

Its the one thing I hate about using X-Brace stands as opposed to my old Apex stands, but the Apex stands now look 80s ghey and I make due with the X-Braces :thu:

Archived