I just ordered GK 1001RB-II!

Tedddy

• Members

What did you find between the Markbass (which model btw) and the GK? Was the GK warmer or what?

In the next few months I'm going to be faced with this same delima. Either the Little Mark II or the 700RB-II. Both going through an Avatar Neo 212.

I also played the 700RB-II which is about the same volume as the Markbass (I tried out the LMII and the F1). i preferred the tone of the 700RB-II as I do straight up rock. Markbass might be more versatile for funk and other styles in addition to rock.

My bass is a Mustang with a tiny little P style pickup, i think going through the GK gave it some added balls.

The Markbass sounded really really good, but the GKs felt punchier.

• Members

Great choice. I love my 1001-RB. I've been using it since 2001 and it POUNDS!! It's capable of every style possible!! You will need to take about a week or 3 to get used to it's "flat-EQ" trademark sound when messing with your settings, but you'll find it.

I play through a GK NEO 212 using the (Speak-On cable) bi-ampable feature.

• Members

I have not had any amp gas except minorly for a thunderfunk since getting my 1001RBII. It's got massive headroom and sounds great with everything I've played through it.

I am gassing for another Dr. Bass cab for my rig, though :( I need to be able to crush halfstacks at 9 o'clock instead of 12 o'clock.

Archived