OT: Why is it ok to drink your drug?

BlueEcho811

• Members

Considering I had a thread shut down about my pot preferences, and a post by another forumite here, I have to ask. What is with this holier-than-thou B.S. about alcohol or drinking being tolerable and not considered a "drug"?

Alcohol kills 85,000 people a year, pot has never killed anyone, ever. Yet if you mention pot here people either start cracking jokes, get offended, or say something along the lines of "I don't do drugs I just drink every now and then"

Bull{censored}... if you are against drugs then get it through your thick skull that it's not ok to drink your drug, you're just as bad if not worse off than any of the rest of us.

/rant off. :wave:

P.S. don't even get me started on cigarette smokers that are anti-marijuana...

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Legal status.

It's fine to play the lottery, but betting football is criminal in most states.

See the difference?

Yet most of my friends and guys I know bet on football anyway. Just like most people I know go over the speed limit, or run stop signs from time to time.

Since when the hell has legality been an issue then?

• Members

Forum Rules:

3. Drug related threads - threads relating to criminal activity

All threads that are created specifically about drug use will be deleted. The reason for this is to protect both HC and its users from getting into trouble with their respective local law authorities, jobs and relatives. The internet is NOT a secure means of communication, and it is possible for people's identities to be found using the internet. You should be aware that, for 99% of us, drug use is illegal in the countries we live in, and by admitting to said activities on a forum like this (and particularly if you also display photos of performing these activities!), you are confessing to committing a crime.

• Members

Forum Rules:

3. Drug related threads - threads relating to criminal activity

All threads that are created specifically about drug use will be deleted. The reason for this is to protect both HC and its users from getting into trouble with their respective local law authorities, jobs and relatives. The internet is NOT a secure means of communication, and it is possible for people's identities to be found using the internet. You should be aware that, for 99% of us, drug use is illegal in the countries we live in, and by admitting to said activities on a forum like this (and particularly if you also display photos of performing these activities!), you are confessing to committing a crime.

I'm just waiting with baited breath to see if my local law enforcement agency is gonna show up with a warrant for my arrest and a print out of this thread...:freak:

People can talk about breaking the law in other ways here, why the anathema towards "drugs"

• Moderators
Bull{censored}... if you are against drugs then get it through your thick skull that it's not ok to drink your drug, you're just as bad if not worse off than any of the rest of us.

P.S. don't even get me started on cigarette smokers that are anti-marijuana...

You're discussing why someone is against ILLEGAL activity verses LEGAL activity and crying "bull{censored}?" You're rant is illogical.

• Members

Pot cures lung cancer it doesn't cause it:

Pot has never killed anyone for health related reasons, if you want to talk about driving dangers... cell phones should be illegal before pot is.

Inhaling any type of smoke into your system isn't good for you. Give me a $5M grant and I'll get you the answer you want too...

• CMS Author

Considering I had a thread shut down about my pot preferences, and a post by another forumite here, I have to ask. What is with this holier-than-thou B.S. about alcohol or drinking being tolerable and not considered a "drug"?

If your issue is with forum rules, it's simple. These are the Terms of Service you agree to follow in order to post messages to this forum. If you don't agree, don't be a member here.

If you're claiming that someone thinks alcohol isn't a drug, whether legal or not, post your evidence supporting or showing who thinks this.

• Members

Alcohol kills 85,000 people a year, pot has never killed anyone, ever. Yet if you mention pot here people either start cracking jokes, get offended, or say something along the lines of "I don't do drugs I just drink every now and then"

Ignoring legal status, which is reason #1. . .

How has illegal drug usage never killed anyone? I'm not even going to wait for an answer, I'm just going to directly refute it read the first paragraph.

Note, although I'm not a user, I generally support the idea to legalize cannabis, but making statements that are wholly untrue does not support your position.

• Members

Ignoring legal status, which is reason #1. . .

How has illegal drug usage never killed anyone? I'm not even going to wait for an answer, I'm just going to directly refute it

Note, although I'm not a user, I generally support the idea to legalize cannabis, but making statements that are wholly untrue does not support your position.

The link you posted was relating to accidents, which is bull{censored} anyway. Being stupid causes accidents. I'm talking about health, pure health. http://www.drugwarfacts.org/causes.htm

• Members

I never said inhaling smoke into your system is good for you. You said pot cures lung cancer, I called you out and proved it doesn't, it in fact does the opposite. What's your point?
:cop:

Really, I said that? Care to show me? :poke:

• Members

I'm just waiting with baited breath to see if my local law enforcement agency is gonna show up with a warrant for my arrest and a print out of this thread...
:freak:

People can talk about breaking the law in other ways here, why the anathema towards "drugs"

It's a forum rule. HC owns the forum, so they make the rules.

• Members

Really, I said that? Care to show me? :poke:

lol. :lol:

My beef is with the rude and demeaning manner in which pot smokers are viewed, but drinking is all good, even though it is much worse for you.

I can't argue rules, but I can argue personal philosophy.

• Moderators

I've recapped the conversation here. You're argument lacks any coherency.

I never said inhaling smoke into your system is good for you.
You said pot cures lung cancer
, I called you out and proved it doesn't, it in fact does the opposite. What's your point?

Um. No he didn't. You did.;)

• CMS Author

I never said inhaling smoke into your system is good for you. You said pot causes lung cancer, I called you out and proved it doesn't, it in fact does the opposite. What's your point?

The link you posted was relating to accidents, which is bull{censored} anyway. Being stupid causes accidents. I'm talking about health, pure health.
http://www.drugwarfacts.org/causes.htm

You're jumping way ahead of what the researchers found. "Preliminary results are promising" does not constitute a proof, not by a long shot.

You're believing only what you want to believe, to suit your personal agenda. This is also called "rationalization" and isn't much different than what you're railing against.

Archived