Peavey Microbass - What else in this price range?

MKCL

• Members

How much do thes Microbass go for? For that kind of money, I would be looking for a decent practice and recording bass amp. I was thinking about the Peavey Microbass, but what else is there for that price range? I am just looking for a decent recording and practice amp.

• Members

heres what sameday music has in that price range

http://www.samedaymusic.com/prodsearch?q=&cat2=&cat=2396&ob=pop&rl=100&rh=150&button=search%2Ffilter&form=search

haha "non-new" haha :lol:

For recording, small amps like those often suck. I would look into a Line 6 Bass POD, or something like that. you can practice using headphones, and it'll sound a lot better than a microbass recorded.

If you want a small amp that doesn't blow, save up for a MarkBass, Genz Benz, or at least and ampeg BA112...

• Members

haha "non-new" haha
:lol:

For recording, small amps like those often suck. I would look into a Line 6 Bass POD, or something like that. you can practice using headphones, and it'll sound a lot better than a microbass recorded.

If you want a small amp that doesn't blow, save up for a MarkBass, Genz Benz, or at least and ampeg BA112...

yeah I thought the "NON-NEW" was kind of odd and funny.

I agree with what he says about recording with a small amp. Although In my early years, I recorded some bass tracks through a Fender BXR-25 (25watts, 1x10) and they came out good mic'd. But anyways. Id go with something with atleast a 12 in it. If youre on a super low budget. Check out pawnshops and used music gear places for stuff. You can find some smokin' deals sometimes.

Like the day I found a 78 Fender p-bass for $250 with the case, or the Fender HWY 1 p-bass for $100 with case, or the AMPEG SVT-3pro for $175.

• Members

I have found a bunch. the first deal I ever came accross was when I was 14. I found a 67 Gibson SG standard, in close to mint condition. for $250. I talked the guy into trading me the SG for a Peavey Predator and $50. hahahaha

I sold that thing for about $3800 a month later, and being a 14 year old kid with that much money I dont know what I bought with it.

• Members

yeah, i got my warwick for $450 on ebay because the seller listed it with no picture and a description that made it sound like a rockbass. Should have paid twice that at the time.

I missed out on a shot to get a limited edition warwick for $800. The guy who bought it, turned around and sold it for $2000...

Archived