OT:Porco Rosso (Film)

ToeJamFootball

• Members

Has anyone seen this Anime film? I love it, it's on tele here tonight. I have it on VHS but my VHS machine broke down yesterday, so I was pretty stoked when I saw it is on TV.

PorcoRosso16.jpg

I saw bits of another Anime on tele not long ago, it was called Howl's Moving Castle. What I saw was really killer. I know there is heaps of Anime out there, but anyone know of any stand out films I should check out?

• Members

Has anyone seen this Anime film? I love it, it's on tele here tonight. I have it on VHS but my VHS machine broke down yesterday, so I was pretty stoked when I saw it is on TV.

PorcoRosso16.jpg

I saw bits of another Anime on tele not long ago, it was called Howl's Moving Castle. What I saw was really killer. I know there is heaps of Anime out there, but anyone know of any stand out films I should check out?

Yeah - it was on over here on American Movie Classics (AMC) channel - it was a night of animation by Japanese producer Hayao Miyazaki........ I don't remember all of it but I remember that I liked it.... I am a fan of Anime ( Metalskin Panic, Akira, Bubblegum Crisis, etc, etc) and animated movies with stunningly beautiful graphics.... Theres a series called Skyland ( and I hatted its characters some time ago) that I watch all the time... the stories are juvenile but the graphics are stunning

• Members

To start off, look for anything by a director named Miyazaki. He's a genius. He is considered a master director and story teller by many to be up there with Kubrick and Kurosawa. He's also the one that directed "Howl's Moving Castle".

Look also for his other movies:

Spirited Away - Won an Oscar for best animated movie

Princess Mononoke - A masterpiece

Kiki's Delivery Service

My Neighbor Totoro

Castle in the Sky

I'm honestly not a big Anime fan...but a HUGE Miyazaki fan.

• Members
To start off, look for anything by a director named Miyazaki. He's a genius. He is considered a master director and story teller by many to be up there with Kubrick and Kurosawa. He's also the one that directed "Howl's Moving Castle".

Look also for his other movies:

Spirited Away - Won an Oscar for best animated movie

Princess Mononoke - A masterpiece

Kiki's Delivery Service

My Neighbor Totoro

Castle in the Sky

I'm honestly not a big Anime fan...but a HUGE Miyazaki fan.

I thought I recognised his name. Thanks!Porco Rosso just started, I wish I was in my other flat. I have a 32"LCD I could be watching this in Hi Def! But no, I only have a little 41cmCRT here :(Ohwell it's still good.

Archived