Talk to me about Yaz

bassesofalessergod

• Members

Yaz2.jpg

What does Ted Williams have to do with any of this?

Yaz was cool. Alison Moyet was the singer gal. My band thought about covering a song of theirs called Mr. Blue before realizing we didn't have synthesizers, electronic drums or a girl singer.

• Members

the keyboard player for yaz, which was a two person band, was a guy named vince clarke. the singer was named alison moyet, i think. vince clarke was a revolutionary synth player who originally founded depeche mode and wrote some of their big early hits (like "just can't get enough"), then did two albums with moyet as "yaz", then went on to be the musical half of erasure. he's a brilliant synth player/programmer/producer, and most of the MIDI stuff that modern keyboardists use today owe the technology to his development!

• Members

I hope you're a woman, because if you're not, you're going to need to turn in your testicles and penis to the front desk after your man membership is revoked...
:p

Hmmmm....Kakona must not have Kahonas.....:badump:

I'll be here all week, try the veal.

Mr. Matt

• Members

I hope you're a woman, because if you're not, you're going to need to turn in your testicles and penis to the front desk after your man membership is revoked...
:p

Porquoi? Once again, your highness, I fail to understand. I am certain it is my fault. Please explain, that I may strive to better aquit myself.

Archived