Wow, Ampeg SVT seem to be everywhere!

Goofball Jones

• Members

Ok, I was flipping through an old Bass Guitar magazine (one of the last ones, the one with that goofy kid from Fall Out Boy) and was just looking through the little profiles they have of different bass players they feature and it seemed EVERYONE used an Ampeg SVT with an 8x10 cab.

I mean, it was almost like the editorial staff just copied and pasted the same thing in all the "gear" break-down. I knew Ampeg was good stuff and reliable, but I never see anyone really saying much lately about it as everything seems to be GK or GB or Markbass now adays.

Any lovers of the Ampeg SVT with 8x10 cab?

• Members

I love mine. I have a SVT-VR and have played it through a SVT-9 Cabinet! (yep that right 9 10inch speakers.) It was at a gig and havent seen one since. I initially played the head through an 8x10 at the store and through my smaller speakers but havent had a gig with an 8x10. The power in these things are unreal.

• Members

Ampeg is well known and common. No different than a guitard playing a Les Paul through a Marshall stack. Or the more recent trendy pairing of a PRS through a Mesa stack.
:idk:

That might be a better way to put what I was originally trying to say. They sound good, I'm just tired of hearing them.

• Members

Ok, I was flipping through an old Bass Guitar magazine (one of the last ones, the one with that goofy kid from Fall Out Boy) and was just looking through the little profiles they have of different bass players they feature and it seemed EVERYONE used an Ampeg SVT with an 8x10 cab.

I mean, it was almost like the editorial staff just copied and pasted the same thing in all the "gear" break-down. I knew Ampeg was good stuff and reliable, but I never see anyone really saying much lately about it as everything seems to be GK or GB or Markbass now adays.

Any lovers of the Ampeg SVT with 8x10 cab?

It's because AMPEG has been the staple of bass players since the 60s And still is for the most part today. The only other companies that come close are SUNN and somewhat FENDER back in the late 60s to mid 70s and ACOUSTIC around the same time.

• Members

I
:love:
my 1973 V-4..especially when it's cranked and fully saturated.

i'm playing through an old V4 at the rehearsal studio for a band i'm auditioning for. i play it through some kind of 115. i am really enjoying it. it's totally different from my peavey classic 400.

robb.

Archived