do you ever blame the drummer?

jonathan_matos5

• Members

No, but I sure as heck blame him for things that are his fault.

My band's drummer just announced he is quitting....the turd.

He's a really good guy, especially for a drummer, and I hope him well in his new endeavor.

But, I blame him that I will be spending most of the day Sunday auditioning new drummers.

• Members

When we're starting an improv jam during practice, my drummer likes to suddenly change tempo and/or time signature on me right when I'm just starting to lock into the groove that he has going.

He does this on purpose. :mad:

• Members

oooh that reminded me of New Year's Eve party at the club 2 years ago. The band had to have a fill in drummer, and during one song, he started doing his own thing, and it messed everyone up...I was out on the floor dancing and every dancer stopped and looked at him, as well as the lead vocalist and the bass player. They kept playing but they were giving him this "wtf are you doing??" look. It was horrible! Needless to say, we never saw him there again!

• Members

I blame drummers when they:

1. Go to the guitar player and play off the guitarist without regard to the bass player. These are drummers who do not realize that bass and drums are like flight leader/wingman....... Unless authorized, a wingman should never leave his flight leader and the flight leader should never leave the wingman vulnerable...Its OK to go the guitarist/band leader once the unified rhythm section has been established, and then its done as a rhythm section.

2. Jazz or jazzy drummers in funk, dance, and rock situations: Too many cymbals, too mushy of a groove, too much "skiddely-bip skiddely-bip" grooves....

Archived