Go Seahawks!

Armchair Bronco

• Members

Hey, I'm a lifelong Broncos fan, but I live in Seattle, so the Hawks are my backup team.

I know that most folks will be cheering for Green Bay and Brett Favre later today, but I'll be doing my part to send some mojo towards the Seattle sideline. (BTW: How do you get "FARRR-VUH" from "FAVRE"? It makes no sense!)

Seattle can win if we put enough pressure on Favre to encourage his evil twin to emerge. "Evil" Brett will throw into triple coverage and/or hold on to the ball too long and fumble it when hit. "Evil" Brett usually shows up once the Packers are behind by 7 or more points, so Seattle needs to score early and pressure "Good" Bret early in the game. I predict 27-21 Seattle if "Evil" Bret is taking snaps later today.

Then, if the Giants can take down Dallas on Sunday, the NFC Championship game will be held in Seattle next weekend!

Go Hawks! :thu:

• Members

It's a great town. I moved to Seattle in 1987. Now I live in the burbs east of the city, next to Lake Sammamish.

The city has changed a lot in the last 20 years. Politically, our so-called "leaders" are still wannabe San Fran-sikos. And every day, the traffic situation gets worse and worse. Nuttin' ever gets done. And then there's the rain. And the grunge.

Same as it ever was.

• Members

You do have one of my favorite players from VT (Defensive End Daryl Tapp) and I played with your backup RB (Alvin Pearman) in High School.

But as a Broncos fan, I'm sure you can understand the desire to see a future hall of fame QB go out on top...

It was a little different with Elway. In 1997, Elway still hadn't won that elusive first SB title. Favre has already won the title once, in 1996.

Also, Favre just announced that he's planning to come back for another year, so his "going away party" can wait till next year!

Here's his announcement as published in The Onion.

The keys to bringing out "Evil" Brett will be Kearney and Tapp. Kearney is money, but Tapp will have to rise to the challenge. I think he can do it!

• Members

Yeah, but I could see that as a way of brushing the press off to save them the annoyance during the playoffs. If he wins another SB, look for him to redact that announcement.

Don't think professionals do things like that? Nick Saban. That is all.

BTW: look for GB's DE Kampman to pick on Hasselbeck all game...

• Members

I want Favre to win the SB this year.

Actually I don't really care who wins it as long as I get to see Tom Brady sitting on the bench with 2:00 left in the 4th quarter, sullen, drowning in disappointment over his abysmal performance and failure to lead his team to a victory. It would be even sweeter if it happens this weekend.

C7

• Members

I grew up in Seattle and am a big Hawks fan. I think it is going to be a good game. My hearts says Seattle will win, but my head says maybe next year.

Lets not forget that this isn't the first time a Holmgren/Hasselback Seahawks team has gone to GB in the playoffs...."We want the ball and we're gonna score".

GB has Favre, but Seattle has all of the playoff experience. I think this one comes down to which quarterback can make the fewest mistakes....

• Members

damn you I was going to say that .We want the ball and we're gonna score".

wonder if he will say that this year, I bet if they win the toss he will just to be funny. my guess is SEA 27 GB 17 and evil BRETT will show up early.

• Members
I grew up in Seattle and am a big Hawks fan. I think it is going to be a good game. My hearts says Seattle will win, but my head says maybe next year.

Lets not forget that this isn't the first time a Holmgren/Hasselback Seahawks team has gone to GB in the playoffs...."We want the ball and we're gonna score".

GB has Favre, but Seattle has all of the playoff experience. I think this one comes down to which quarterback can make the fewest mistakes....

+1 to that.

• Members

I want Favre to win the SB this year.

Actually I don't really care who wins it as long as I get to see Tom Brady sitting on the bench with 2:00 left in the 4th quarter, sullen, drowning in disappointment over his abysmal performance and failure to lead his team to a victory. It would be even sweeter if it happens this weekend.

C7

I like you. A lot. :love:

Archived