Don't You Love It When Rehearsal Goes Great!

Givati

• Members

We have a gig next Saturday and have 2 new members. We rehearsed for about 3 1/2 hours today and wow, it really came together. Great grooves, solos, arrangements, etc. Everyone was focused, but not to serious. Great attitudes all around. I am afraid to say it so as not to jinx it, but I believe we have the right personnel for the long haul.

The only possible negative is that the 2 new members are boy friend and girl friend. I hope that is not trouble in the future. I'm sure there are plenty horror stories amongst you about that.

• Members

Yeah I love it when that happens, then the gig always goes {censored}...

;):thu:

Me too... Not to get you worried or anything. Great pre-gig practice means bad gig. Crappy practice makes for a good gig.

We rehearsed last night again. Couple more before we start gigging again. Man, did it start out badly. It turned itself around though and we were pretty tight by the end of the night with our new tunes.

• Members

I hope it doesn't go that way for you, but this is my experience too.....

Well, from what you are all saying I'm glad we have another rehearsal Tuesday. I'll purpose to suck really bad so the gig will be really good. :confused:

• Members

Our last practice was {censored}e.

We hadn't gotten together in about a month and a half due to family, the holidays, work, and other factors. Normally, if we have any kind of hiatus we come back and everything gels perfectly again. Last practice for some reason just wasn't jiving. At all. :rolleyes: I hate it when that {censored} happens! :mad:

But yeah, 99% of the time, it goes great and it does feel good when everyone nails all their parts with no issues...:thu:

• Members

My band has had some awesome practices lately, mostly because we've been working on brand new stuff the whole time, and not focusing on our 'cover filler' We're just starting as an original band, so we need filler until people start liking our original stuff =P

• Members

because we've been working on brand new stuff the whole time, and not focusing on our 'cover filler' We're just starting as an original band, so we need filler until people start liking our original stuff =P

That's what I'm talking about! :thu:

I know original bands are the road less traveled for many reasons, money being the biggest, but it is so much more rewarding. IMO. At least for an old guy like me. We have a good 3+ hours worth of material with 95% being original. So when a rehearsal comes together like it did Saturday it feels so good.

Archived