I'm playing my first show at a gay bar on Friday.

slapthefunkyfour

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

good luck.

i played at one about a month ago. it was pretty bad. we had an opener that drove everyone off. the singer was way off key all night and couldn't understand why she would get feedback when she walked out in front of the mains and turned around to face them..

we ended up playing to the bartenders and a few she-mullets. our drummer didn't bring a rug and his drums were everywhere. at one point a drunk friend of the drummer who was trying to help hold the kick drum still fell over and knocked the snare over. it was a complete spinal tap gig. :cry:

the owner liked us but we probably wont play there again. i got about 35 bucks for it.

• Members

...we ended up playing to the bartenders and a few she-mullets. our drummer didn't bring a rug and his drums were everywhere. at one point a drunk friend of the drummer who was trying to help hold the kick drum still fell over and knocked the snare over. it was a complete spinal tap gig...

made my day....:D

• Members

Every gay bar I've ever been into it was because I either had a show there or I followed a (straight) girl there. Every time this happened, I ended up getting served VERY strong mixed drinks. :confused:

Don't sweat it, though. It'll be a lot of fun. Gay dudes typically don't try to "convert" you. :D The worst thing that I always worried about was a homophobic bandmate saying something stupid. :mad:

Archived