warwick necks

Tattoo Drums

• Members

I don't know what it is about the ovangkol necks I dislike, but I think the wenge necks are a lot nicer.
:)

I think it's the shaping. I had a Vette 5 once w/ the ovangkol, and while it sounded nice, the neck was HUGE. My new Thumb 6'ers neck is small by comparison!

• Members

I have a 94 fortress with the all wenge neck, and a 07 Corvette with the ovangkol neck. Are the necks interechangeable? I like the sound of my corvette but the neck of my fortress? just curious.

They did change the location of one of the screw holes on the neck joint in the late 90's, so I bet those won't line up. I replaced the neck on my 98 with an 04 neck, so I had to drill a new hole in the neck to accommodate it. Other than that, the neck pocket and neck heel were identical.

• Members

They did change the location of one of the screw holes on the neck joint in the late 90's, so I bet those won't line up. I replaced the neck on my 98 with an 04 neck, so I had to drill a new hole in the neck to accommodate it. Other than that, the neck pocket and neck heel were identical.

Your spoon is too big?

Archived