Computer Geeks: Help with Windows Media Player

venturawest

• Members

i mean "geek" in only the most positive way.

how does one capture an image from WMP? i did a cool surgery and got a nice little video of it which i can watch on windows media player. however, i'd like to use some still shots from that video to put into a scientific poster i'm presenting at a conference.

anyone know how to do it?

as always,

thanks.

• Members

What he said. You either need a media player with screenshotting built in, or a specialty screenshot program. Even if you install another media player (without SS'ing ability), it will still show up as the black box.

• Members

The "Print Screen" button works, on occasion. But it takes a shot of everything on your screen... and when I say "on occasion", I mean 1 out of 10 times.

So yeah... get a player with the built in functionality.

Yep. Print-screen involves copying the image into a image editor, cropping, and saving to a new file. If you just get VLC and use image capture, you won't need to do any of this, as you just get a image file just as you want it.

• Members

We prefer "experts" rather than "geeks."
:)

Tools - Option - Performance - Advanced

Then under Video Acceleration, uncheck "USE OVERLAYS." Voila!

I've never had this work. I'm going to try it when I get home out of curiousity. If it works, then that would be pretty sweet. It's a PITA messing with settings if it's something that needs to be activated at other times though.

Archived