Your Favorite Single-Pickup Bass?

blueyedmule

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Tell me about this bass. Warmoth? How much to get it together? How do you like it comfortwise, etc.?

yup Warmoth , Carved Dinky P in Black Korina . I love this bass , has a SD "vintage" single coil , it's fat with tons of overtones as a a good single coil should be , I also have the tone pot installed inside the cavity :lol: as I don't roll it off . It's feather weight at 8lbs. with a massive P neck and Bad ass bridge and finished in tru-oil . :love: IIRC she ran around $ 700

• Members

yup Warmoth , Carved Dinky P in Black Korina . I love this bass , has a SD "vintage" single coil , it's fat with tons of overtones as a a good single coil should be , I also have the tone pot installed inside the cavity
:lol:
as I don't roll it off . It's feather weight at 8lbs. with a massive P neck and Bad ass bridge and finished in tru-oil .
:love:
IIRC she ran around $ 700

Hmmm. . .maybe. . . .see, the point of this thread (unannounced) is to brainstorm for a platform to mount up my Dimarzio X2N-B. I need a little narrower string spacing than my Precision offers. What does your string spacing measure on that bass around, say, where you'd mount a MM pickup?

• Members

Hmmm. . .maybe. . . .see, the point of this thread (unannounced) is to brainstorm for a platform to mount up my Dimarzio X2N-B. I need a little narrower string spacing than my Precision offers. What does your string spacing measure on that bass around, say, where you'd mount a MM pickup?

can't answer that off the top of my head but It does have a Bad Ass bridge , which I think would determin that . Hey maybe you need a different bridge , something with adjustable spacing .

Archived