OT:Running iPod through rig - bad idea?

ToeJamFootball

• Members

Just double checking it's ok to play my iPod through my rig.

I've just got it running straight in the front, with the input volume and gain very low. Volume on the iPod half way, the clip light isn't coming on.

The Master is only around one or so. Would I be better of running through the Effects Loop Return, the power amp in?

I'm guessing all is, fine, just wanted to double check.

Cheers :thu:

• Members

Just double checking it's ok to play my iPod through my rig.

I've just got it running straight in the front, with the input volume and gain very low. Volume on the iPod half way, the clip light isn't coming on.

The Master is only around one or so. Would I be better of running through the Effects Loop Return, the power amp in?

I'm guessing all is, fine, just wanted to double check.

Cheers
:thu:

It's OK.

Sounds fine through ACME's except it ain't an iPod, it's a ZEN.

• Members

Used to do that with my fender combo once in a while. Definitely the best way to learn new songs that I've ever used. Emphasized the bass line and rhythm section, but you still get to hear the melody. Also made it a lot easier to hear your f'ups.

• Members

Should be no problem running your ipod through your amp. Just set it at a sensible level and let your ears be the judge. If you're getting excessive farting, pops or anytyhing weird, knock the level back a bit.

Nice bass too BTW!!! That photo looks suspicously like it was taken by the guys down at the Basscentre in Melbourne. Is that where you got it?

• Members

Should be no problem running your ipod through your amp. Just set it at a sensible level and let your ears be the judge. If you're getting excessive farting, pops or anytyhing weird, knock the level back a bit.

Nice bass too BTW!!! That photo looks suspicously like it was taken by the guys down at the Basscentre in Melbourne. Is that where you got it?

I didn't buy it. It's just a pic from their site.

Archived