I need a bass.

cheesemaster

• Members

I've been listening to some Larry Graham lately and now I need a bass.

I'm in the price range of ~$300 new or used.

I just need something that sounds decent and plays well, preferably with J Bass pickups.

I don't know a lot about basses, but I just need something that's a good middle-of-the-road bass; nothing too extravagant.

I might take a trip to some music stores this weekend, so tell me what to look out for when I try out basses too. I know a thing or two about guitars, so I'm not total nubsauce when it comes to stringed instruments.

• Members

what stores might you go to?

Does the $300 include an amp?

I'm just going to local stores. There aren't any Guitar Centers for miles around here.

Squier Jazz bass vintage modified. And you can slap like a freaky bootsy

If Squier's basses are like their guitars, then I don't think that's what I want.

• Members

I'm just going to local stores. There aren't any Guitar Centers for miles around here.

If Squier's basses are like their guitars, then I don't think that's what I want.

The quality of the VM Series is much better than a standard Squier. A number of forumites here play them and rave about the bass.

• Members

Canton Music Center: check out Peavey, Ibanez and Dean

Gulia Music Studio: check out Yamaha, Fender, Austin (fender clones) and Rockbass

Well, you're obviously not from around here, but Gulia doesn't sell used instuments, they're mostly a piano shop and their Fenders are overpriced. Canton Music Center is terrible. They are really strict about letting you try out their instruments and they're also very, very overpriced.

• Members

Well, you're obviously not from around here, but Gulia doesn't sell used instuments, they're mostly a piano shop and their Fenders are overpriced. Canton Music Center is terrible. They are really strict about letting you try out their instruments and they're also very, very overpriced.

I wasn't telling you to buy it there, just check them out. Buy the bass wherever you want. ;)

• Members

I've been listening to some Larry Graham lately and now I need a bass.

I'm in the price range of ~$300 new or used.

I just need something that sounds decent and plays well, preferably with J Bass pickups.

I don't know a lot about basses, but I just need something that's a good middle-of-the-road bass; nothing too extravagant.

I might take a trip to some music stores this weekend, so tell me what to look out for when I try out basses too. I know a thing or two about guitars, so I'm not total nubsauce when it comes to stringed instruments.

www.rondomusic.com

That's all you need to know. :wave:

• Members

I will not buy from a shop that will not me check out the gear.

Besides you don't buy a Bass guitar from a paino shop.

If there are no other music shops in where you are located you will be better off buying online for the simple fact that you are going to over pay for an instrument for the simple fact that that piano shop don't have to compete for your business.

another alternative is to check out your local craigslist but like I said in my first post...

This269395.jpg

+this228689.jpg

will make cheesemaster do this ---> :D

Archived